You might remember my Refashioned Tee Bolero project from the last round in the Embellished Five challenge. The concept of the series is this: five different sewists are each given the same item to refashion according to their tastes, and then we all share our creations. I love how this project has prompted me to […]
About Amy @ Positively SplendidHaving grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you'll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.
Author Archive | Amy @ Positively Splendid
Happy Saturday, everyone! Sending up so many prayers for those in Japan. What a swath of destruction was left behind by the earthquake and the subsequent tsunami and aftershocks. In case you’re new to Positively Splendid, each Saturday I share seven projects that have caught my eye in blogland throughout the week. I have a marvelous lineup to […]
Is it spring that always makes me crave something new? Positively Splendid has a new look! If you’re in a reader, I hope you’ll pop over to the site to see. I am pleased with the update so far, but I know it will be a work in progress in the days and weeks to […]
**Winner Announced** Congratulations to Kathy from Cackles and Berries! Jack has been a bookworm from day one of his little life, and since he started reading on his own a few months ago, his love of books has only multiplied. So when Victoria Simcox contacted me about reviewing her children’s book, The Magic Warble, I […]
I am in the midst of a blog makeover, so don’t mind the strange appearance of things around here for the next little bit. Thanks so much for understanding! via Google Images
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of LÄRABAR for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine. I know my school-day morning routine probably sounds familiar to many of you: Up and at ‘em before the kiddos emerge from their rooms. Get lunches packed. Breakfast made. Everyone dressed and out the door. It’s a […]
I can’t say thank you enough to all of you who have supported me throughout the course of the So You Think You’re Crafty season. Because of your votes, I was able to make it into the final two. Yay!!This week is the Season 6 finale, and I would be so appreciative if you’d head […]
As parents, we’re always counting. First steps. First words. Examining those little mouths to see evidence of that first tiny little tooth. And then counting again when that same tiny tooth is placed in a pillow for the Tooth Fairy, the property of a beaming, snaggle-toothed little boy. Jack lost his first tooth last night, […]
With ears that can be bent and shaped, rick-rack “whiskers” and fluffy little tails, these buckets, our latest
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...