Amanda from Every Creative Endeavor is here for today’s installment in the Swell Noel series with a sweet and clever Christmas decor project!
Hey everyone! My name is Amanda and I am the creator of Every Creative Endeavor!
1. Cut 2 pieces of paper in half (the hamburger way!)
2. Cut out strips with 1 and a half of the papers and fan them out to make the cane section.
3. Tape them all together.
4. Trace your candy cane on the backside for bead board.
5. Cut out the candy cane with a jig saw – usually I do all my cutting but if the hubby’s home – I always put him to work!
6. Sand the edges smooth or fix any problem spots.
7. Then you will have two candy cane shapes!
8. I took mine candy cane outside and gave it a coat of rustoleum white. When it was finished drying, I used bright red and painted stripes on the candy cane. I just painted them here and there until I liked it.
9. When it was all dry, I sanded it down a bit to shabby it up.
Thanks again Amy for letting me stop by! Please give your sweet little George a kiss on his darling little cheek from me!
What a clever way to make that candy cane template, Amanda! I absolutely love how this project turned out! I might have to ask Santa for a jigsaw. 🙂