Each year when my kids head back to school, our family’s schedule inevitably becomes much more hectic. With homework, sports practices, music lessons and church activities, our daily routine has to be a finely tuned machine to allow us to keep up with everything on our plate, and especially household chores. Over time, I have […]
Archive | Fall RSS feed for this section
Usher in the back-to-school season by crafting a sweet no-sew fabric apple garland to decorate a classroom or any other space. This is a super easy craft project that requires just a few basic materials, and it is a great way to use up fabric scraps! Let me show you how it’s done.
Heading back to school means it’s time once again to hit the books, and today I’m sharing a fun back to school craft project I’ve made with the help of Michaels Stores to keep books organized in adorable fashion. Featuring a sweet pencil eraser “stem,” these cute apple bookends can be made in just minutes, […]
It’s the perfect time of year to stop and take a minute to count your many blessings, and some of my blogging friends and I thought it would be very fitting of the season to gather together today for a gratitude blog hop to let our families know just how much we love and appreciate […]
Thanksgiving will be upon us in a few short weeks, and with fall in full swing, cozy reminders of the season are all around us. I am so excited to be partnering today with an all-star group of creative individuals for an exciting contest that invites you to share your favorite beautiful fall craft photos […]
This time of year, I am always on the lookout for special, delicious recipes suitable for gift-giving. Today’s recipe for cranberry-pumpkin bread is one of those! The tender, moist crumb of this quick bread is infused with pumpkin flavor and studded with cranberries and pecans, making it not only delicious, but also pretty to slice […]
With November and Thanksgiving just around the corner, plan to wow your dinner guests with delicious, creative desserts. Today, I’m sharing my absolute favorite whipped cream recipe that is the perfect accompaniment to just about any fall dessert, plus some pretty Thanksgiving dessert toppers to help make a pretty presentation a snap!
Although I would love to have an infinite amount of creative time at my disposal, that is sadly not the case! On days that are particularly hectic, sometimes all the time I can sneak is 15 minutes. That is often all that is needed, though, to complete fun home decor craft projects from start to […]
If you have a flat surface in your home, you have the perfect place to create a seasonal vignette! Tabletop displays are a terrific way to impart the feel of any season into your home, and today I am sharing my 5 best tips for creating beautiful vignettes, using my new fall entryway vignette as […]
Bring the beauty of fall leaves indoors by sewing a vibrant fall leaf pillow. This is a project that will make a big statement in your home’s decor, but because it utilizes a ready-made, easy-to-find felt leaf cutout, it can be made in just a matter of minutes! Let me show you how it’s done.
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Coconut Banana Pancakes with Cinnamon Honey Butter August 13, 2014
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...
- Shelly: I'm just now reading this, How fun!! I know the c...