One of my favorite ways to spruce up my home for the holidays is by decorating my mantel. I love to take items I already have on hand and add some new ones to the mix to create displays I love! My valentine mantel this year is a great example of shopping my home to […]
Archive | Mantels and Tablescapes RSS feed for this section
With Christmas almost upon us, our family is set to welcome our holiday guests into our home. Before everyone arrives, though, I invite you to come take a tour of our 2013 holiday home, which is filled to the brim with festive touches!
This post is brought to you by FloraCraft. // With Christmas just around the corner, plan ahead for a spectacular holiday place setting. My glittered faux bois Christmas tree centerpiece will be a gorgeous addition to your holiday table, and it is such an easy project!
One of my favorite parts about the holidays is planning and preparing festive meals for friends and family. I love to set a festive holiday table that is inviting for our guests, and the cutlery stockings I’m sharing today are a terrific way to add some fun to any place setting! These are also perfect […]
Earlier this week, I shared my Traditional Christmas Mantel, the focal point of which is a large cross-stitch sampler featuring wording from one my favorite Christmas carols: Joy to the World. You might be surprised to discover that creating oversized cross-stitch artwork like this really isn’t at all difficult. Today I am going to show […]
Every Tuesday and Thursday throughout November and December, I’ve invited some of my favorite friends over to share their best ideas to make this holiday season truly spectacular for the third annual Swell Noel series. The ever-talented Stef from Girl. Inspired. is here today to share a gorgeous, rustic-chic centerpiece idea with us. I just […]
Welcome, everyone! If you have made your way here from the Holiday Idea Exchange, I am so delighted to have you here at Positively Splendid! Without a doubt, my favorite holiday decorating project each year is my Christmas mantel. I love using my imagination to come up with a new design year after year! This […]
Thanksgiving will be upon us in a few short weeks, and with fall in full swing, cozy reminders of the season are all around us. I am so excited to be partnering today with an all-star group of creative individuals for an exciting contest that invites you to share your favorite beautiful fall craft photos […]
Today’s post is brought to you by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, who believe handmade touches are what make each holiday truly special. All opinions are entirely my own. If you’ve loved the googly eye trend for Halloween this year, my fun Halloween mantel might be right up your alley! With a giant googly eye […]
Friends, there are some projects that I work on behind the scenes here at Positively Splendid that it takes all I can muster to keep a secret. Today happens to be a very special day when I get to finally share the very exciting details about one such project! Over the summer, I was approached […]
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...