Chances are, if you have a smart phone, you’ve found yourself at one point or another struggling to find a safe place to charge it. When staying in hotels or others’ homes (or in dorm rooms for college students), it can be a challenge to find an outlet next to a raised surface, so phones can […]
Archive | Gifts for Moms and Grandmas RSS feed for this section
Warm months call for lounging by the pool or in the backyard with a cold drink in hand, and these fun DIY insulated beverage holders (also known as koozies in my neck of the woods) are the perfect way to ensure your drink stays nice and frosty! These can be made in literally minutes, and they […]
Looking for a unique, thoughtful handmade gift idea for a special woman in your life? I’ve rounded up some of my very favorite ideas, many of which can be made with minimal time and on a shoestring budget. These gifts are terrific for mothers, teachers, graduates, neighbors or anyone whose day could use a lift […]
Today’s post is brought to you by DOVE via MomTrends. Moms really deserve our appreciation, don’t you think? Thinking of my own mom, it is incredible to think of all the ways my life is better just because of the amazing woman she is. This Mothers’ Day, I have come up with a gift idea […]
Sometimes it’s the small touches that can take an outfit from drab to fab. If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to add a touch of metallic glam to your wardrobe, this chain and ribbon bracelet is just the ticket! This is an easy craft project that can be made in 5 minutes (or less), […]
A sweet reminder of some of the ones you love most, my Valentine’s Day embroidery hoop art is an easy craft project perfect for anyone wanting a meaningful way to accent their valentine decor. This project is perfect for displaying children’s names, but it would also be great to give as a handmade wedding gift […]
Add an elegant touch to your home decor with this lovely faux fur-trimmed pillow. Accented with an optional bow in any color, this is a pillow that can be displayed throughout the winter months, even after Christmas has come and gone. Pillow covers like this one also make perfect handmade holiday gifts, too!
On the lookout for an easy handmade gift idea that can be whipped up in minutes? This sequined picture frame can be made in a half hour (or less!), and it only requires a handful of easy-to-find supplies. Let’s get started!
If you’re popping over today from Tatertots and Jello via Jen’s stop in New York on the Show Your State Pride Tour hosted by Beckie of Infarrantly Creative, welcome! I am so glad you ventured over to Positively Splendid today for a sachet through New Mexico! I was born and raised in the state of […]
Skip the usual flowers this Mothers’ Day and give a yummy gift instead. PS contributor Carrie from Worth Pinning shares details for how to make and decorate Mothers’ Day flower cupcakes that will ensure Mom has a sweet day! Hello Positively Splendid readers, it’s Carrie from Worth Pinning! As a former florist, I know the […]
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...