Stitch up a sweet apple softie to give as a gift to a teacher or simply to use as festive fall decor. Using my free sewing pattern and tutorial, these little guys are as easy as (apple) pie to make! Read on for all the details.
Archive | Sewing RSS feed for this section
When sewing, one of my favorite ways to add a decorative touch to dresses or tops is to add a kangaroo pocket. These pockets are the perfect way to show off your favorite fabrics, and they make for a wonderful place for little ones to store their little treasures or to warm their hands in cooler […]
There is something so gratifying about taking a minimal amount of fabric and stitching up quickly and easily something fun to wear. When it comes to such projects, some of my all-time favorite things to sew are skirts. Ready or not, now is the perfect time to stitch up one (or a few!) skirts for […]
Without a doubt, one of my favorite trims to work with when sewing is bias tape. I love that it can add such a professional flair to a project with a minimal investment of time and effort! Today, I am going to share some of my favorite bias tape tips and tricks, including my fool-proof […]
For me, there are few things more gratifying than sitting down to stitch up a new outfit for my children, and when it comes to my girls, one of my favorite things to sew are pillowcase dresses and tops. These dresses and tops can be made easily from start to finish in the span of an afternoon, and […]
This post contains affiliate links. I absolutely love sewing, and the only thing that can sweeten my experience any time I sit down to work on a project are ingenious tools that help make any sewing task a little easier. The tools I am sharing today go beyond the tried-and-true mainstays of any sewing arsenal […]
Today’s post is brought to you by Michaels. On the lookout for a fun craft project to do with your kids this summer? These clever tote bags are made from upcycled t-shirts, and they are perfect for toting to the library, pool and more. Let me fill you in on all the details, including some […]
Add a patriotic pop of color to your home by stitching up a fun color block pillow in red, white and blue! Even for beginners, this is a simple, straightforward sewing project that can easily be accomplished in a short amount of time and with minimal fabric. I have provided a printable PDF tutorial to […]
Chances are, if you have a smart phone, you’ve found yourself at one point or another struggling to find a safe place to charge it. When staying in hotels or others’ homes (or in dorm rooms for college students), it can be a challenge to find an outlet next to a raised surface, so phones can […]
Warm months call for lounging by the pool or in the backyard with a cold drink in hand, and these fun DIY insulated beverage holders (also known as koozies in my neck of the woods) are the perfect way to ensure your drink stays nice and frosty! These can be made in literally minutes, and they […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...