There is something so gratifying about taking a minimal amount of fabric and stitching up quickly and easily something fun to wear. When it comes to such projects, some of my all-time favorite things to sew are skirts. Ready or not, now is the perfect time to stitch up one (or a few!) skirts for […]
Archive | Sewing for Children RSS feed for this section
For me, there are few things more gratifying than sitting down to stitch up a new outfit for my children, and when it comes to my girls, one of my favorite things to sew are pillowcase dresses and tops. These dresses and tops can be made easily from start to finish in the span of an afternoon, and […]
Stitch up a sweet little Easter bunny softie to tuck into the Easter basket of a special child, or to use as a darling addition to your home’s spring decor. Today, I’m sharing the inspiration behind these little cuties, as well as the free pattern and step-by-step tutorial for how to create them. Would you […]
This post is brought to you by Jo-Ann. Add a whimsical touch to holiday gifts and treats by packaging them in darling Santa pants treat bags. With my free pattern, these can be whipped up in no time at all, and they are sure to inspire an abundance of holiday smiles!
Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout November and December, some of my favorite blogging friends will be stopping by Positively Splendid to share some of their best holiday ideas in the third annual Swell Noël series. You can stay up-to-date on all of the fantastic ideas shared throughout the series by following the Swell Noël 2013 Pinterest board, and […]
With four young children, November around here is prime holiday photo-taking time. Over the years, I have found the secret to capturing the best holiday photos of kids can be boiled down to a few simple tips. Regardless of whether you are an experienced photographer or if you are a photography novice just wanting to […]
With the holiday season just around the corner, stitch up the perfect gift for students of all ages in your life: a study pillow! Perfect for students from preschool age and all the way up through college, this design features generous pockets for holding workbooks, notebooks and more, plus convenient side pockets for stowing away […]
Nothing can give a sweeter, more homespun feel to a sewing project better than appliqué, and if you think doing professional, high-quality appliqué requires a fancy, expensive sewing machine, think again! Requiring just a few small scraps of fabric, my fox appliqué design can be added to wearable items, home decor items and more, and […]
Give kids an oh-so-sweet way to collect candy this Halloween during trick-or-treating with a personalized candy corn tote bag. Even if you are new to sewing, this is a project this is entirely doable in the span of an afternoon (or less!). Let me show you how easily this comes together.
With back-to-school time here, I decided to go the handmade route instead of buying all of my daughter’s outfits for school this year. This was the first time for me to sit down at my machine since moving into our new home, and it was so gratifying to make three outfits for her that she […]
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...