With back-to-school time upon us, now is the time to start thinking about healthy, delicious snacks to pack in lunches or to serve kiddos for breakfast or as an after-school snack. For our family, no snack is a greater crowd-pleaser than chewy granola bars. My son Jack and I recently did a bit of experimenting […]
Archive | Desserts RSS feed for this section
Add a bright pop of citrus flavor to your daily breakfast or snack routine by preparing a loaf of this lovely, easy-as-pie citrus tea bread. Topped with a bright citrus glaze and a gorgeous mixture of lemon and lime zest and sugar, this bread features a crumb that mimics the taste and texture of pound […]
In my opinion, one can never have too many cookie recipes in their arsenal, so when I stumbled upon this recipe for Cowboy Cookies in an old cookbook that once belonged to my grandmother, I knew I had to give them a try. Am I ever glad I did! These cookies feature a dense, chewy […]
On the lookout for a delicious recipe to give as gifts to teachers, neighbors and more? My honey bun mini loaves are just the ticket! Infused with cinnamon and nutmeg and drizzled with fragrant honey, this quick bread is perfect not only for breakfast, but also for dessert when served with a dollop of vanilla […]
Each year when I was small, I can remember my mom baking up a pan of delicious sticky buns to eat on Easter morning. Even better than standard sticky buns, though, these buns were something truly special: one bite into each one revealed an empty center, just like the empty tomb discovered on Easter morning. […]
With the advent of spring, entertaining season is about to hit full stride. This year, arm yourself with a new dessert recipe that is sure to be a hit at any cookout or pot luck: decadent brownie trifle! This dessert recipe features layers of brownies, rich chocolate pudding and sweet whipped cream, all sprinkled with […]
Delight little ones in your life with delicious sugar cookies that contain a colorful surprise inside! These rainbow cookies feature a sweet, buttery sugar cookie crumb that is studded with a rainbow of fruit slice candies. These cookies are perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day theme, but they are delicious any day of the year!
Rich, sweet and fragrant, tres leches cake combines the best of a tender, airy cake and a sweet vanilla custard. In other words, it is to-die-for good! This cake gets its name from the three milks (in Spanish, “Tres Leches”) used in the custard that is poured over an airy sponge cake base. Served with fresh […]
Planning ahead for a special dinner this weekend with your sweetheart? Nothing says romance like a decadent dessert for two! I’ve paired my favorite fudge brownie recipe with rich chocolate ganache and ruby-red raspberries. All together, these ingredients are a knock-out dessert idea that is sure to impress!
I have a weakness for snacks that combine sweet and salty flavors! This candied honey-adobo popcorn is a savory-sweet treat with a hint of spiciness, and it is the perfect snack to serve at a big game, or even to package up as a unique gift. I will go on record that this is honestly […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...