This Cream Cheese Strawberry Banana Bread is incredibly delicious, with a moist crumb that is made delightfully rich with the incorporation of one of my all-time favorite ingredients for the best quick breads: cream cheese. (Because, truly, what recipe isn’t made better with cream cheese?) The bread is infused with fresh bananas and filled to the brim with fresh strawberries to create a flavor combination that is truly out of this world. Read on to grab the recipe, because you’ll want to make this one ASAP!
Quick bread recipes are some of my absolute favorites, since they can be whipped up in no time at all, and they usually incorporate common ingredients I almost always have on hand. And, as an added bonus, many recipes make two loaves, meaning there is always plenty to share with friends and neighbors!
Cream Cheese Strawberry Banana Bread
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximate 2 large or 3 small)
- 1½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8.5x4.5x2.5" loaf pans, and set aside.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating well to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter/cream cheese mixture, mixing just until combined. Add the vanilla and mashed bananas, mixing on low speed to incorporate. Fold in the strawberries just until they are fully incorporated into the batter.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans, spreading evenly with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour, shielding with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning, until a cake tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean. Remove pans to a a foil rack, and cool bread in pans for 10 minutes. Invert bread directly onto racks to cool completely.
The tartness of the fresh berries and the sweetness of the bananas is such a great combination. The crumb and flavor of this strawberry banana bread actually reminds me somewhat of a pound cake, which makes it perfect not only for serving as a yummy breakfast treat, but also as dessert! (Or, if you’re like me, this is just the ticket for a mid-afternoon snack.)
Although this bread is absolutely divine fresh from the oven, for the prettiest slices, I recommend waiting at least 30 minutes after baking before slicing with a serrated knife.
Looking for even more delicious quick bread recipes to add to your repertoire? Check out these other terrific options!