Spaghetti and meatballs is a tried-and-true recipe in our family that is a hit with the kids and adults alike. I used to think that making meatballs from scratch was far too difficult to tackle on a busy weeknight until I started making them the easy way–by baking them in the oven! The end result is yummy, flavorful meatballs that are incredibly delicious, and much healthier than the frozen, pre-made variety. And since these freeze beautifully, you can easily make enough to use later when things get hectic. Perfect! Read on to grab my favorite baked meatball recipe.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (I use 93/7)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. With a paddle attachment, mix on low until thoroughly combined. (Mixture can also be mixed by hand in a large mixing bowl.)
- Form mixture into 1.5" balls (a miniature ice cream scoop works well for this). Place balls on prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Freeze cooled meatballs in zip-lock bags for up to 3 months.
To freeze, simply place the cooled meatballs in a zip-top bag and pop into the freezer for up to 3 months. I love to make these meatballs in large batches so I can pull them out on a busy weeknights for a supper than can be on the table in 30 minutes or less!
Looking for even more inspiring dinner ideas? Check out some of my favorite recipes below!