Make reading assignments wildly fun for kids by whipping up adorable bookmarks for them to enjoy as they read their favorite books. Today, I’m sharing the free Wild for a Good Book bookmark printables so you can make your own, along with a fun idea to present each one with a little toy wild animal reading buddy. These are sure to be a hit with kids of all ages, and they are as easy as can be to put together. Read on for all the details!
For this project, you will need…
- White cardstock
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Thermal laminator* and laminating pouches* (optional, but recommended)
- Hole punch
- Miniature plastic animal toys*
- Glue dots (I recommend these 3D Zots*, which adhere extremely well)
- Download the free “Wild” bookmarks and print the file onto the white cardstock.
- Trim around each bookmark with a paper trimmer or scissors.
- If desired, laminate the bookmarks for added durability. Trim around the perimeter of each bookmark.
- Punch a hole through the circular mark at the top center of each bookmark. Tie a piece of ribbon through the hole.
- Affix an animal toy to the bookmark using one of the glue dots.
These would be a wonderful gift from teachers to students to encourage kids to get excited about reading!
My son handed these out to his friends for Valentine’s Day this year, but I also think they would make really fun party favors for children’s parties. There are so many fun options for these!
Looking for even more fun project ideas to get kiddos excited about learning?