Thank you to Alpine Lace for sponsoring this post and helping me find a balanced snack to fuel my day!
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite easy and healthy snack recipes. Paired with Alpine Lace Deli Cheese, my roasted red pepper and artichoke tapenade is a knockout dolloped onto crisp bruchetta, and each one of these little snacks is packed with calcium and vitamin C. Plus, this tapenade is delicious served on grilled chicken or fish, so one batch can add a ton of flavor to a multitude of snacks and meals!
With four children ages 2, 4, 6 and 8, y’all might imagine that my days are quite hectic. If there were a nutrition label listing my life ingredients, it would probably be something like this: Laundry. School drop-off. Cleaning. Grocery shopping. School pick-up. Piano lessons. Soccer practice. Baseball game. Dinner. Bedtime. (And that is just what I have on the docket for today!)
One of my goals at the start of 2014 was to slow down and bit and take better care of myself, starting first with eating healthier throughout the day. Over the years, all of those extra bites of whatever the kiddos had left over on their plates after meal times really started to show up on my waistline, and I determined myself that enough was enough, and it was time to be more deliberate and intentional with my food choices. Combining healthier snacking with exercise, I’ve managed to lose 8 pounds since January 1, and I honestly haven’t felt better in a very long time!
When I embarked on my new healthier path, I determined myself that I would never stand to sacrifice a bit of flavor to eat better, more wholesome foods, and the beauty of it is that I have never had to! Good-for-you, delicious ingredients like Alpine Lace Swiss Cheese have become a mainstay in my refrigerator, so that I always have what I need on hand to create a snack that is packed with nutrition and flavor, like these Swiss cheese and roasted red pepper tapenade bruschetta bites. It really is the best of both worlds!
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup drained capers
- 1 clove fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop the bell peppers and artichoke hearts. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and process in on-off turns until mixture is finely chopped and fully incorporated. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving.
- The flavors in the tapenade will blend and develop more the longer the mixture chills, so consider preparing this a day in advance.
Top with a dollop of the tapenade and a slice of roasted red pepper or a marinated artichoke heart, and then drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Healthy, flavorful and downright delicious!
Now that I’ve shared my life ingredients, if you had a label with your own life ingredients, what would it consist of? Alpine Lace invites you to create your very own Life Ingredients label to showcase the things that matter most to YOU. Be sure to like Alpine Lace® on Facebook for plenty of balanced snack ideas and healthy inspiration!