Add a bright pop of citrus flavor to your daily breakfast or snack routine by preparing a loaf of this lovely, easy-as-pie citrus tea bread. Topped with a bright citrus glaze and a gorgeous mixture of lemon and lime zest and sugar, this bread features a crumb that mimics the taste and texture of pound […]
Tag Archives | Breads
Each year when I was small, I can remember my mom baking up a pan of delicious sticky buns to eat on Easter morning. Even better than standard sticky buns, though, these buns were something truly special: one bite into each one revealed an empty center, just like the empty tomb discovered on Easter morning. […]
Two flavors that marry perfectly together are blueberry and lemon, and this blueberry oatmeal bread features both in a quick bread loaf with a scone-like consistency. The oatmeal in this bread imparts a pleasant chewiness to the crumb, and the subtly sweet batter allows the flavor of the fresh berries to truly shine. Serve this […]
I feel like this post should be titled something like, “You made bread out of what?!“ This gorgeous, delicious quick bread recipe is made possible with the magic of a very unlikely ingredient that you might associate more with dinner at a Mexican food restaurant than at your breakfast table: avocado! Because avocados are a […]
Freshly baked scones are a delicious way to add a special touch to breakfast and brunch, and especially when they combine the delicious flavors of cherry and orange. These cherry scones feature a super-moist crumb that is studded with dried fruit and drizzled generously with orange-vanilla glaze. This is a wonderful scone recipe that you’ll […]
It’s the perfect time of year to stop and take a minute to count your many blessings, and some of my blogging friends and I thought it would be very fitting of the season to gather together today for a gratitude blog hop to let our families know just how much we love and appreciate […]
This time of year, I am always on the lookout for special, delicious recipes suitable for gift-giving. Today’s recipe for cranberry-pumpkin bread is one of those! The tender, moist crumb of this quick bread is infused with pumpkin flavor and studded with cranberries and pecans, making it not only delicious, but also pretty to slice […]
To me, nothing makes for more of a wholesome, delicious school-day breakfast than freshly-baked muffins. These Blueberry Muffins with Oat-Pecan Streusel, a recipe I adapted from Southern Living, are a fresh take on the standard blueberry muffin recipe, as they couple the lively tartness of fresh blueberries with a crumbly streusel topping made with brown […]
Quick breads and muffins are some of my favorite things to bake, and today’s muffin recipe from PS contributor Ann of On Sutton Place combines fresh peaches at their peak with the nutty goodness of pecans. I can’t wait to try this recipe, which would make a perfect on-the-go breakfast! Hello! I sure hope you […]
Breakfast recipes that can also double as a decadent afternoon snack are some of my favorite things to prepare. Today’s recipe is a delicious bar cookie infused with the rich flavor of brewed coffee, along with spicy notes of cinnamon and nutmeg. Paired with fresh fruit and a tall cup of coffee or tea, these […]
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...