Accessories truly can make an outfit, and this simple clutch-style handbag is no exception. This wristlet clutch handbag can easily be completed in the span of an afternoon, and it is the perfect way to use up scraps of fabric you might have on hand. When you see how easily these come together, you’ll want to using this free purse sewing pattern to make a clutch to coordinate with every outfit! Let me show you how it’s done.
For this project, you will need…
- Elegant Wristlet Clutch Pattern Pieces (free download)
- Fabric in two coordinating patterns (fat quarters or fabric scraps work great)
- Fusible fleece
- Coordinating thread
- Washable ink marker
- Nylon cording or narrow ribbon
- Snaps and snap-setting tool
- Short necklace, for the wristlet (I used a necklace bottom from the Noir line from Styled by Tori Spelling)
- Decorative brooch (mine is from Styled by Tori Spelling)
- Basic sewing supplies: machine, shears, etc….