November 24, 2011
Peppermint Bark (Swell Noel #40)
Cindy from Skip to my Lou is here this morning sharing a festive and downright pretty treat perfect for gift-giving!
Hi Everyone, I’m Cindy and I am thrilled to be guest posting here! I hope you will come visit me at Skip to my Lou for some crafty tutorials, handmade gift ideas, teacher appreciation ideas, sewing patterns and recipes!
Here is an idea for a super simple and very yummy holiday treat! It makes a swell homemade gift!
Melt the candy coating in the microwave very slowly. Start with 30 seconds and then stir. Continue heating at 15 second intervals, stirring each time until melted. Add in 1/2 cup peppermint pieces.
Stir until completely combined.
Spread candy thinly out on wax paper and allow to cool.
Once hard, break candy into pieces. This is the perfect treat to keep on hand for unexpected guests and it makes a perfect hostess or neighbor gift wrapped in a pretty container.
Enjoy! Wishing you a Swell Noel!
If you are looking for more homemade gift ideas, from edible gifts to sewn gifts you might enjoy browsing my Handmade Gift Guide!
Thank you so very much for sharing your recipe with us! I love the red and green peppermint pieces!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
May you have a truly blessed day spent with those you love best!
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...