May 3, 2012

Mothers’ Day Photo Collage + Free Printables

Of all of the gift projects I’ve ever completed, I have gotten more positive feedback on the Fathers’ Day photo collages I put together for my hubby and each of our dads last year. Everyone loved them! This year, I thought I would parlay that same idea into a gift for our moms for Mothers’ Day.

The concept behind this is exactly as it was for the Fathers’ Day collages, which I made using the photo collage feature in Picasa. Each child poses for a photo with a chalkboard (or a cardboard sign, if you don’t have any small chalkboards lying around) displaying what he or she loves most about the recipient. I then take each of the photos and create a collage with them and a personalized printable. So simple! You can see the full details with a step-by-step for how to easily create the collages in the Fathers’ Day post.

This is such a fun way to document year by year through their responses how children grow and mature, and it is sure to be a hit with the moms and grandmothers in your life!

As much as we love our Mammo and Mia around here (my kiddos’ names for each of our moms), I know it is likely that not many grandmas are called by those names. So, to help you treat the moms in your life to something special, I’ve put together ten different sets of these printables. For each name set, there is an “I love you because” and a “we love you because” version to accommodate families of all sizes.

Scroll through to find the printable that suits your needs, and then download it by clicking on the arrow with the line below it at the bottom of that box. So simple!

Please remember that these printables are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may make as many gifts as you like using this printable, but please do not make any items for profit. Thank you!
Gran

Grandma

Grandmother

Granny

Mama

Mom

Mommy

Mother

Nana

Nanna

***

If you are in the market for a terrific end-of-year teacher appreciation idea, I also created a free printable to make a collage much like this one for the educators in your life! Click here to see the A+ Teacher Photo Collage idea.

Serenity Now
Tatertots and Jello
Skip to My Lou

19 Responses to Mothers’ Day Photo Collage + Free Printables

1. These are fantastic! Thank you for so generously sharing so many variations.

2. Kellie May 3, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful printable and for making it with so many options. Pinning it! :)

3. IBA Team May 3, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Thank you so much I think I am having problem downloading the photo collage. It’s saying I have to sign up for “box”. I did and I’m not sure where I’m suppose to do after. Help! Thank you again for sharing your talent. :)

4. Emily May 4, 2012 at 3:14 am #

This is super cute, thanks! I’m going to just use the image as a mother’s day card for grandmas.

5. Lori May 4, 2012 at 5:08 am #

Oh I love these, and the teacher one, too!!

6. Dannyelle May 4, 2012 at 11:29 pm #

Wow what a great printable -all ten versions! And, I love the teacher one too.
    Dannyelle @ http://www.lifeisaparty.ca

7. April May 7, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

I love this!! Thank you for sharing and giving instruction too.;) I am going to use this with my kids in children’s church as a gift to their mothers this Sunday.

8. April May 7, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

9. SayNotSweetAnne May 7, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

Oh my this is just a GREAT idea! You could pair these not only with chalk, but with a child’s drawing about what they love. =D Thank you so much for going through and making all the varieties! You are so talented =oD if you have the time, I’d love for you to share on Sweet Sharing Monday! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-4/

10. Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers May 9, 2012 at 4:14 am #

What a fabulous printable! Thanks for sharing this Amy. I wanted to let you know I featured this today, thanks for the great gift idea.

11. Jenny Jones May 9, 2012 at 9:04 am #

So awesome. Q: Would you be able to create a collage that says “Mima”?
    :-)

12. The Blythe's Are Bloggin... June 8, 2012 at 12:03 am #

These are beautiful and I plan on using them! Hate to ask…any way to make a Grammy??

13. Amy June 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

Hi, I notices in the father’s day post you have an Opa printable. No Oma in the Mother’s day. Is that in the works?

14. Amy June 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

15. Christina March 4, 2013 at 9:39 am #

What a wonderful idea! Love it! Is there any way you can make one that says,”Grammy, we love you because…”? Thanks for the idea and for sharing!

16. Katie May 6, 2013 at 11:10 pm #

Love this! Was wondering if you could do a “Big Mama”? I want to do one for my mom but that’s what all the grand kids call her.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid May 8, 2013 at 6:32 am #

Hi, Katie! With an impending move this year, I am unable to do custom orders for these printables. Thanks so much for understanding! Happy Mothers’ Day!

17. Christina H June 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

I would also love to see an Oma option! Getting ready to print a collage for Father’s Day and found myself looking at this Mother’s Day post as well. ;-)

1. Mother’s Day Ideas for the Photo-Obsessed | Sean Purcell Photography - May 14, 2013

[...] This could be done every year. It would be fun to see how the answers change as they grow! via Positively Splendid I ADORE the idea of recreating a favorite portrait from a previous generation. Imagine if they [...]