August 13, 2012

FREE Mickey and Minnie Mouse Appliqué Designs

I shared after we returned from Florida about the Disney outfits I made for our children during our days at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and today I am sharing the templates with you that I used for the appliqués on each of these projects.

Note: I am sharing descriptions for each of the designs first, and the link to the download page where you can grab the files is linked at the bottom of the post.

Simple Mickey or Minnie Template

If you’re wanting to make a traditional Mickey Mouse tee, this is the template for you. You can also add a bow embellishment to this for a cute Minnie design. I used this template for my baby boy’s romper and my daughters’ Minnie pillowcase dresses, pictured below.

There are three sizes available in this template: small (4.5″ tall and 5″ wide), medium (5.5″ tall and 6″ wide) and large (6.5″ tall and 7″ wide).

Pirate Mickey Template

I used this template to make a shirt for my oldest son, pictured below.

The gold earring here was made using an iron-on ready-made embroidery embellishment from Dritz. The original design was actually an ampersand, but I snipped away the portion of the design I wanted to use and stitched it to Mickey’s ear.

Monogram Mickey or Minnie Template

This design is a terrific option for those wanting to add a personalized touch to their Disney duds. I used this design coordinating t-shirts for each of my kiddos.

For the monogram letter with this design, you have a few options:

• Use an embroidery machine to create the letter.
  • Create a letter appliqué template using your computer and printer using a font you like. (This is the option I chose for my tees, using Rockwell Extra Bold font.)
  • Apply an iron-on letter patch, available at your sewing or crafts store.

As with the Simple Mickey and Minnie Templates, there are three sizes available in the monogram templates: small (4.5″ tall and 5″ wide), medium (5.5″ tall and 6″ wide) and large (6.5″ tall and 7″ wide).

>>Click here<< to visit the Free Mickey and Minnie Mouse Applique download page, where you can download each of these designs for absolutely free!

***

New to applique and needing a primer for how to get started? Don’t miss my Guide to Basic Applique, which contains a wealth of great tips and tricks!

18 Responses to FREE Mickey and Minnie Mouse Appliqué Designs

1. mommyinsuburbia August 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

Hi Amy! My son and daughter love Mickey and Minnie, and this is perfect for adding a little something to a few of their t-shirts. Thank you so much for the templates!

2. Christina August 13, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

ooooo fun. Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters/USS Crafty August 13, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

Cool! I might have a Minnie Mouse themed birthday party for my daughter’s next birthday. Thanks for sharing!

4. Mary Souther August 14, 2012 at 2:28 am #

Thanks for sharing these! I am a relatively new owner of a Silhouette Cameo, and I was surprised I couldn’t find a template like this in the Silhouette library. Do you know if there is a way to import this pdf file into the Silhouette software? I have a Mac. Thanks in advance!

5. Leianne Stevens August 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

I have seen these around on Etsy and have been debating on whether or not to buy one. Thank you so much for providing this template so that I can simply make my own ;-] These are absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing :-]

6. Megan Duesterhaus September 24, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

Hey Amy!! My son has a Mickey Mouse party to go to this weekend; and as I was trying to think of a gift idea, I immediately thought of these darling projects! Can’t wait to use your templates! I’ll be sure to show you what I come up with!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Megan

7. Alicia December 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

These are adorable! We have a trip planned to DW next month and I found your website searching for t-shirt ideas. The Incredibles version is my favorite – so unique! I can’t wait to make some of them! And I’m looking forward to checking out more of your blog!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid December 21, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

Thanks so much, Alicia! Have fun prepping for you big trip!

8. lemondedis January 25, 2013 at 4:27 am #

j’aime beaucoup !… merci pour le partage…

9. Sondra January 28, 2013 at 9:02 am #

Thank you so much for these templates! I’ll be able to use these for my son’s first birthday!

10. Kristi March 16, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Hi!! I am wondering where I might find the patter for the minnie mouse dress? My grand daughter absolutely loves Minnie!!

thanks so much!!

11. Felecia Cofield August 30, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

Hi Amy! I can’t get the items to download! Are they still available? Blessings from Bama!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid August 30, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Hi, Felecia! It appears Box is experiencing some technical difficulties this afternoon. I won’t have access to my computer with these files until after the holiday weekend, so if you can wait until then, I’ll be happy to email them to you! Thanks. :)

12. Melinda September 11, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

Thank you so much! My daughter adores Minnie and I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time now!

13. Brenda Moyer September 24, 2013 at 9:52 am #

Hi Amy…. can’t get the pirate head to download. Would you please email to me? Thank you so much!

1. A Guide to Basic Appliqué | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor} - March 5, 2013

[...] available for free on the web. For today’s appliqué demonstration, I am using one of the Free Mickey Mouse Appliqué Templates I shared earlier this [...]

2. Minnie Mouse Toddler Halter Dress - March 7, 2013

[...] the Minnie Mouse to the bottom left side of the dress using a template I found at Positively Splendid. (I used the smallest one.) I machine zig-zagged around the appliqué, but I hand tacked on the [...]