October 19, 2012
The Perfect Book for Lego-Maniacs
I am raising a truly Lego-obsessed 6-year-old. He loves to build and re-build his favorite designs over and over again, and I love that by doing so, he is not only having a blast, but also partaking in a valuable educational experience. It’s a win-win!
When I cracked open a box from Klutz books recently containing a copy of their Lego Crazy Action Contraptions book, Jack was absolutely giddy with excitement. In fact, it was only a matter of moments before he sat down at the kitchen table to take it out for a spin. Weeks later, he is still hooked!
It can be so hard to find activity books for boys that aren’t immediately dismissed as too “girly” or “babyish.” Klutz has hit a home run with this book in that it combines an educational, creative activity with the mechanical Lego fun so many boys adore.
With the redesigned book format unveiled by Klutz books as they celebrate 35 years of educational entertainment, it is easier than ever to keep all of the supplies for each respective book neatly contained. Any mom of a Lego-lover can attest that rogue Legos can take over an entire home if left unchecked, so the fact that Klutz included a little compartment right on the book to store all of the Lego pieces is nothing shy of brilliant! Jack loves that the next piece he needs is always right where he needs it.
Watching Jack as he analyzes the pieces included in the set and follows the detailed directions for how to build each contraption is so fun! He has already managed to put together all 16 of the projects that can be built with the set, yet each and every time he finishes another project, he loves to show off how his creations work.
“Look, Mama! I built it right, so the gears really spin!”
The icing on the cake? These contraptions are fun to show off to your buddies, too!
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...