November 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Mantel

After the festivities of Halloween wrapped up last week, I knew this weekend would be dedicated to packing away my Halloween mantel decor and switching things out for something suitable for Thanksgiving! This is one of the simplest mantelscapes I have completed in a long while, but I absolutely love it. Aside from the new printable Doxology poster I created for the display (scroll down to download a copy for yourself!), everything you see here was something I already had on hand. Let me show you how it all came together!

I knew I wanted a meaningful, Thanksgiving-related quote or saying to display in the frame I had used in my Halloween mantelscape as the anchor object for my Thanksgiving display, and it only took me a moment to settle on the first phrases from the Doxology. To me, nothing epitomizes Thanksgiving as much as giving credit where credit is due for the abundance of blessings in my life, and these phrases reflect that sentiment perfectly!

The entire Doxology is absolutely beautiful, but I opted to use only the first two phrases for my printable, which is available in an assortment of sizes for download below.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow;

Praise Him all creatures here below;

Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

On one side of the mantel, a simple white pitcher, one of my Target purchases from earlier this year, holds a cluster of pretty wheat. Nestled alongside the pitcher is a collection of different pumpkins, some natural, and some that I made using my Plush Patchwork Pumpkin tutorial. For added dimension, I created a “topiary” using mini pumpkins with a layer of floral moss tucked in between. So simple, yet so pretty!

I was happy to be able to display two pilgrim figurines, which I purchased from Hobby Lobby eons ago, in the display, as well. I have always loved the sweetness of these figurines!

On the other side of the mantel I filled two pretty footed white cloches, which I found recently at Hobby Lobby, with more of my mini pumpkins, some moss, and some artificial fall leaves. These cloches are one of my favorite purchases in a long while!

One final look at the display in its entirety…

For those interested, the Doxology printables are available as a free download below, in 5×7, 8×10 and 12×18 sizes. As with all of my free printables and patterns, please remember these are for personal use only. Thank you!

If you are enjoying this post in a reader or via email subscription, you will likely have to visit the blog to grab the downloads. Also, I have had a few readers mention having difficulties with the downloads when using Firefox as a browser, so I would recommend using an alternate browser, such as Chrome, if you are experiencing problems.

Thanks for stopping by today, everyone!

Serenity Now
Tatertots and Jello

, , , , , , , ,

41 Responses to Thanksgiving Mantel

1. Lindsey November 5, 2012 at 6:56 am #

Love this thanksgiving printable, thanks for sharing :)

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 7:41 am #

You are very welcome, Lindsey!

2. Mom November 5, 2012 at 7:44 am #

LOVE this mantel! Will you come decorate for your Mom?!!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

I wish I could, Mom. :)

3. Richella @ Imparting Grace November 5, 2012 at 7:44 am #

AMY!! This is absolutely beautiful! I love the entire mantelscape. But the doxology? Oh, my goodness. Thank you so much for the download. We sing this at the end of every single Sunday morning service; it’s one of our treasured traditions. I’m so glad to have it in this beautiful form!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

Thank you so much, Richella! I’m so glad you like it. These words are a treasure to me, too.

4. Jodie November 5, 2012 at 9:49 am #

Thank you for this idea and for sharing the printable. I will send you a photo of my completed Thanksgiving mantel!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

I can’t wait to see, Jodie!

5. nest of posies November 5, 2012 at 9:54 am #

amy, that poster of the hymn is gorgeous! beautiful mantel!!!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

Thanks so much! :)

6. Crystal November 5, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Amy, love the poster of the hymn!! Absolutely beautiful mantel!! Thanks for the free download!!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

Thank you, Crystal!

7. rebecca @ beurrista November 5, 2012 at 11:06 am #

And praise God for wonderful, creative, generous artists like you, Amy, that share their creativity with the world! Thanks for the download.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Rebecca, your sweet words made my day! Thank you!

8. Monica November 5, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

Thank you so much for sharing the printable.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

You are so welcome, Monica!

9. Sally P November 9, 2012 at 6:21 am #

Wonderful post!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful printable. Can’t wait to frame it and use it in my home :)

10. Tess N November 9, 2012 at 11:36 pm #

Love your mantel! Thank you for the printable, I will enjoy displaying it in our home.

11. Beverly {Flamingo Toes} November 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

This is so pretty Amy!! I love the printable and the whole mantel looks so great. Those little pumpkins in the cloches are just darling!

12. Amanda @ Serenity Now November 12, 2012 at 11:42 am #

Such a stunning printable. :) I love your mantel, Amy! The cloches are precious.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

Thanks so much, Amanda!

13. Marnie November 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

I just printed it out and it looks great on my book shelf as part of my Thanksgiving decor. Thank you so much! I do appreciate you sharing your time and talent so generously.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 12, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

It makes my heart happy that you are enjoying the printable. Thank you so much for letting me know!

14. Rosalyn September 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

Amy, Thank you so much for sharing the Doxology printout. This is so very lovely that I, not only printed it out for my Thanksgiving Mantle, but also printed three more copies for my daughter, sister and niece. I know they are going to cherish this as much as I do.

Thank you for all of your generous sharing of your creativity! We are all blessed by you and your blog.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid September 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

Thank you so much, Rosalyn, for your kind words! They mean more than you can possibly know.

15. Kimberly Leverett Osburn November 9, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

What a beautiful mantel. Thanks for the free printable.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 11, 2013 at 5:57 am #

You are very welcome!

16. Tori November 9, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

Thanks you – this was a nice treat:) Your mantel looks so beautiful!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid November 11, 2013 at 5:57 am #

Thanks so much, Tori!

17. patti November 10, 2013 at 9:52 am #

thanks for sharing that beautiful message.

18. Gina November 11, 2013 at 4:59 am #

Thank you so very much for the Printable and I look forward to making it a part of my rooms. It is beautiful and so wonderful of you to share it with us. May you have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

19. Linda Raby November 13, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

I am trying to get your printable of the doxology and am not being successful. I want it so badly. My extended family sings this together every time we gather for a meal. It would be such a precious memory gift for my family members. Can you help? Thank!

1. Thanksgiving Mantle - My Insanity - November 16, 2012

[...] centerpiece is a gorgeous printable I found at Positively Splendid. It is free and looks so [...]

2. 30+ Thanksgiving Printables - November 2, 2013

[…] Praise God Print from Positively Splendid […]

3. Giving Thanks Has Never Looked So Good! - B. Lovely Events - November 2, 2013

[…] {We love all of the different sized pumpkins and beautiful Praise God print on this Thanksgiving mantel from Positively Splendid.} […]

4. Thanksgiving Decor and Craft Ideas - November 5, 2013

[…] Thanksgiving Mantel […]

5. A Holy Experience – Only the Good Stuff: Links to Feed the Soul - November 9, 2013

[…] Fee Printable for the fridge […]

6. 3 Gifts of Verse | got2havefaith - November 11, 2013

[…] Get this lovely and FREE printable here. […]

7. Done in a Day: 10 Festive Thanksgiving Mantels - The Nest Blog - November 12, 2013

[…] Get the Look […]

8. Staying Thankful: Thanksgiving Mantel Designs | The Big Clock Store - November 19, 2013

[…] Pilgrim Thanksgiving Mantel This traditional mantel display features a print-out of the doxology and Thanksgiving figurines.  Find it at Positively Splendid. […]

9. Last minute Thanksgiving decor - November 21, 2013

[…] The “Praise God” printable was a free printable from Positively Splendid […]