March 5, 2013

Easter Mantel

Of all of the decorating I do for holidays throughout the year, I love creating mantel displays most of all. My Easter mantel decorations this year feature bright, cheery colors and many whimsical DIY projects. Let me give you the full tour!

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

Although I absolutely love the elegant neutral color schemes I see in many of my favorite shelter magazines and catalogs, y’all can probably tell by now that I am a girl who simply cannot live without a healthy dose of color. For holiday decorating, and especially for my kids’ favorite holidays, I tend to gravitate toward motifs and color schemes that I know they will love. So, when my 5-year-old daughter walked in from school after I finished this display and gasped, “Oh, Mama! It’s like a rainbow in our living room!” I knew I had accomplished exactly the effect I had hoped for.

Metal baskets from the dollar section at Target are filled with paper Easter grass and my polka-dotted plaster Easter eggs from last year.

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

The pom-pom flowers were also a Target find. I love them!

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

My Easter egg wreath makes a lively statement hung in front of the large mirror on the left-hand side of the display. It really does make me think of feeling the grass between my toes on a warm spring day!

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

This cross was a gift we received when we married, and I think it looks lovely placed at the center of this display. He is risen, indeed!

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

A rainbow of Easter bunnies cut using my CAMEO are hung from a wired frame, which is actually the Silhouette Advent Calendar (still available in their store). I loved using it at Christmas, but I have enjoyed so much using it for other holidays, too!

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

A green feather boa creates a nice swag along the bottom of the display, which also features my fun and oh-so-easy felt carrot garland.

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

Rounding out the display is a sequined bunny I found in the Target dollar section and my footed cloches from Hobby Lobby, which I filled with more of my plaster eggs and Easter grass.

I think I agree with Charlotte: This display really is like a rainbow in our living room, and so entirely perfect for the spring season!

Easter Mantel Decorations :: PositivelySplendid.com

You might have noticed that this mantel display is very similar to my Valentine’s Day mantel that I shared last month. One of my greatest decorating secrets is to reuse items and the basic layout of displays like this one, swapping out seasonal items as needed. This streamlines the decorating process considerably and allows me to spend more time enjoying my work instead of finding myself knee-deep in it!

Thanks so much for making PS a part of your day!

Tatertots and Jello, Home Stories A to Z, The 36th Avenue, 30 Handmade Days, Serenity Now

Latest posts by Amy @ Positively Splendid (see all)

, , , , ,

17 Responses to Easter Mantel

1. Lindsey March 5, 2013 at 5:49 am #

Precious! Always love your mantels for inspiration! Pinning :)

2. Jessica @ Mom 4 Real March 5, 2013 at 7:07 am #

Love every single detail…so springy!!!

3. nest of posies March 5, 2013 at 7:43 am #

adorable, Amy. so festive & make me want to put on flip flops & wear pastels!!! can’t wait for warmer weather.

xo
    kellie

4. Richella @ Imparting Grace March 5, 2013 at 10:12 am #

This is so cute, Amy! I appreciate the fact that not everything at your house is neutral. There are lots of us who like color! :)

5. Crystal March 5, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

Adorable!! So colorful, fun and bright!!! Love it!!!!

6. Beverly {Flamingo Toes} March 5, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

This is so bright and cheery Amy!! I love your mantel designs – they are always gorgeous!

7. Carrie - Worth Pinning March 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm #

Love all the bright color pops!

8. Lisa@hooplapalooza March 5, 2013 at 1:24 pm #

Ooooo! talk about easter BEAUTIFUL!

9. Victoria March 5, 2013 at 2:09 pm #

Oh wow!! As always, I’m very impressed!! I also shared this on my blog today: http://www.vixenmade.com/2013/03/creative-easter-mantles.html

10. Eva Scott March 6, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

Wow! Everything is perfect and adorable!! Love!!!

11. Jenn March 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

This is so fun Amy! Love all the color and that carrot garland!

12. Jaimee @ Craft, Interrupted March 14, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

SO fun! I’m featuring this in tomorrow’s Friday 5 – a roundup of Easter Mantels, including one pic and a link back to this post. Great job, girl! And thanks for sharing inspiration : )

13. Erin@TheWellGirl March 21, 2013 at 11:40 pm #

Love this! Thanks so much for the great ideas.

14. lesley March 28, 2014 at 9:26 am #

i absolutely LOVE those target flowers!!! we could probably make those!

just adore all the gorgeous colors – so sick of neutrals and dreary from winter.

1. 15 Amazing Easter Ideas from your Favorite Blogs - March 8, 2013

[...] Gorgeous and bright Easter Mantel from Positively Splendid [...]

2. Hop on over to our Easter fun! (DIY Easter Mantel) | Steal Mag - September 11, 2013

[…] Myself 2. 52 Mantels3. Landee See Landee Do4. Harrison Home5. Laughter and Grace6. Positively Splendid7. Craftoholics Anonymous8. Star Shine ChicLovely Mantel Decorating!xx, ALFSource (adsbygoogle […]

3. Hop on over to our Easter fun! (DIY Easter Mantel) | Steal Mag - January 19, 2014

[…] 1. Myself  2. 52 Mantels 3. Landee See Landee Do 4. Harrison Home 5. Laughter and Grace 6. Positively Splendid 7. Craftoholics Anonymous 8. Star Shine […]