Nothing says summer like a heaping slice of strawberry pie. Today’s recipe for fresh strawberry-lime pie couples the sweetness of summer berries with the lively tartness of lime. Perfect for cookouts and pretty enough for special occasions, this is an easy dessert recipe you will want to prepare again and again!
- 1 9-inch pastry crust
- 1 usa dry quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon corn starch
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lime
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Hull the strawberries. Slice half of the berries, and set aside. (You should have about 2 cups of sliced berries.) Place the remaining berries in the bowl of a food processor. Process until very finely chopped. (You should have about 1 cup of pureed berries.)
- Arrange the sliced berries in the baked pastry shell. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the pureed berries and 1 cup granulated sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Whisk the corn starch into the water, and gradually add to the strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes, or until mixture is considerably thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Pour mixture over prepared pastry shell, spreading evenly with a spoon. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, whip the cream, 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Serve chilled pie with a dollop of whipped cream and additional berries or lime wedges, if desired.
To achieve the pretty look of canned whipped topping without the chemicals, prepare whipped cream the traditional way, and then place it in a piping bag with a star tip. So easy!