Make-ahead dinners are a back-to-school staple in our household, with ball practice, piano practice, ballet and other activities adding hustle and bustle to our weeknight routine. The recipe I am sharing today, lasagna rolls, is one that is perfect to prepare in the morning or on the weekend when you have more time at your disposal. After that, simply pop the pan in the oven when it’s time to eat. So simple! Read on for the full recipe.
Baked Lasagna Rolls
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked according to the package instructions and cooled
- 1 recipe homemade marinara sauce, or 1 jar prepared marinara sauce
Combine ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well to combine. Spread approximately 3 tablespoons of the mixture on the short end of each sheet of pasta, and then roll each sheet tightly. Place the rolls in a greased 9×13″ baking dish, overlapping the edges as needed to fit all of the rolls into the pan.
Pour the marinara sauce over the rolls, making sure the sauce covers the rolls completely. Top with the remaining 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella. Cover the pan with a sheet of foil.
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes before uncovering and baking an additional 5-10 minutes. Allow the dish to rest 10 minutes before serving.