On the lookout for a cookie recipe that yields delicious results but doesn’t require a lot of time? Look no further than these quick and easy Sugar-Coated Ginger Crinkle Cookies. With a chewy crumb and an irresistible spicy flavor, these cookies are rolled in a layer of sugar that cracks when baked, thus giving these cookies the “crinkle” in their name. And best of all? An entire batch can easily be made and baked in less than 30 minutes! These just might be the perfect fall treat! Read on for the full recipe.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, egg and molasses. Add to flour mixture and stir well to combine, making sure flour mixture is completely moistened. (Mixture will be crumbly.)
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, pressing firmly to ensure the dough doesn't crumble. Place the ½ cup sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each ball in the sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be very soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will firm up when they cool. Store in an air-tight container.
This is a family recipe written by my beloved Mammo, and each and every time I prepare a batch, I remember sitting at her kitchen table to enjoy some together!