My best busy weeknight dinner tip? Use pre-prepped ingredients to make supper preparation a snap! My Easy Southwestern Steak Salad uses steak you can reserve from weekend grilling and just a few other simple ingredients. This entire recipe can be made from start to finish in less than half an hour!
- 16 ounces grilled sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- Corn salsa (see recipe linked below)
- Ranch dressing
- 6 tortilla bowls (see note for how to make your own below)
- Divide the lettuce evenly among the tortilla bowls, and then divide the steak evenly among the bowls. Top the steak in each bowl with a generous serving of corn salsa, and finish with a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Use reserved steak grilled on the weekend to make this recipe as easy as can be.
To make my tortilla bowls, I use burrito-sized tortillas, and tortilla makers similar to these. So easy, and healthy, too!
On the lookout for even more great weeknight dinner ideas? Check out this round-up of 25 terrific options.