Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout November and December, some of my favorite blogging friends have stopped by Positively Splendid to share some of their best holiday ideas in the third annual Swell Noël series. You can stay up-to-date on all of the fantastic ideas shared throughout the series by following the Swell Noël 2013 Pinterest board, and also by following the #SwellNoel hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram. Michele from The Scrap Shoppe is here today to share a whimsical Christmas project that will add some holiday sparkle to your holiday decor!
December 17, 2013
3D Ho Ho Ho Sign #SwellNoel
Hello, Positively Splendid friends! I am so excited to a part of Amy’s amazing Christmas series again this year. There is always so much amazing inspiration from talented crafters!
I have a whimsical 3D Christmas sign to share with you today that is super simple to create and so versatile for placement with your holiday decor.
But first, a quick introduction! I’m Michele from The Scrap Shoppe, and when I’m not building Lego mansions or playing superheroes with my two little boys you can find me crafting and DIYing to my heart’s content.
Okay, on with the tutorial!
To make the 3D sign you will need 3D paper mache letters to spell out HO HO HO which you should be able to find at your local craft store. These came from Hobby Lobby. The time to scoop them all up is when they are on sale!
Spray 2 H’s and 1 O with Rustoleum’s silver glitter spray paint, and the remaining 1 H and 2 O’s with Rustoleum’s gold glitter spray paint. You will need 2-3 coats on each letter.
Once the paint is dry, hot glue each H to an O of the opposite color.
Stack the letters with alternating colors and hot glue them together once again.
For reinforcements you can duct tape the back of the letters.
(The duct tape I came across first while looking through my desk was Halloween tape. Let’s just go with it since no one will see the back of the sign.)
We now have our completed 3D Ho Ho Ho sign!
Now you just have to decide where to place it…
On the mantel?
Hanging from the door?
Hung on the wall?
Leaning against the fireplace?
So many options!!
Thanks so much for having me over again this year, Amy!
Ya’ll come visit me at my place sometime!
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...