There is something fun about being able to play with your food, isn’t there? Today I’m sharing a darling classroom valentine idea that allows children to do just that. These free printable Scrabble valentines come together with Scrabble Cheez-its, and they include a sweet card to make packaging them up a breeze. And the best part? Inside the card is a Valentine’s Day Scrabble game board so kids can strike up a game of Scrabble with their classmates. Fun!
Let’s get started putting one of these together, and then read on for all of the details about an AMAZING, YEAR-LONG Pinterest celebration that I am thrilled to announce to all of you today!
For this project, you will need…
Scrabble Valentine Printable – Outside << Click link for free download.
Scrabble Valentine Printable – Inside << Click link for free download.
- White cardstock
- Scrabble Cheez-Its
- Large cellophane treat bags
- Scissors or paper trimmer
To begin, download and print the Scrabble Valentine Printables onto the white cardstock. You will have to print the cards double-sided, so you’ll have to tinker a bit with your printer to make sure both the inside and outside are aligned correctly. A couple of printing tips:
- Make sure you have your printer set up for borderless printing.
- You want to print so the top edge of the inside of the card is aligned with the bottom edge of the outside of the card. (This will make more sense as you work on the project.)
Have everything all printed? Great! Use your scissors (or paper trimmer if you have one) to cut each pair of cards in half along the dotted lines. Set the cards aside for now.
Now, grab the cellophane bags and Cheez-its. I used large pleated treat bags from Wilton.
Fill each bag with a large handful of the crackers…
…and then fold the top edge of the bag down a couple of times.
Open up one of the printed cards, and tuck the folded edge of the filled bag inside…
…before folding the card over to conceal the folded edge of the bag. Secure with 3 staples along the bottom edge of the card.
Now, fill in the names of your lucky recipients, and you are all finished!
This is such a fun project to do in assembly-line fashion with little helpers. And the fact that it is not only a treat, but also an educational (and fun!) game, makes this a perfect idea for classroom parties!
Now that I’ve shared another fun Valentine’s Day project with you, I am thrilled to announce that a few of my blogging friends and I are going to give you the opportunity to share YOUR amazing valentine ideas!
- Amy from The Idea Room // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Amy from Positively Splendid (That’s me! // Follow me on Pinterest
- Cheryl from TidyMom // Follow Cheryl on Pinterest
- Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Follow Cindy on Pinterest
- Desiree from The 36th Avenue // Follow Desiree on Pinterest
- Heather from Whipperberry // Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Jen from Tatertots and Jello // Follow Jen on Pinterest
- Kari Ann from Thistlewood Farms // Follow Kari Ann on Pinterest
- Kellie from Nest of Posies // Follow Kellie on Pinterest
- Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane // Follow Lolly Jane on Pinterest
- Melissa from No. 2 Pencil // Follow Melissa on Pinterest
- Mique from 30 Handmade Days // Follow Mique on Pinterest
- Tauni from SNAP! // Follow Tauni on Pinterest
Starting this month, we are going to be hosting a monthly Year of Celebrations Pinterest Party with the goal of creating THE most comprehensive, inspiring Pinterest board on the block. Each and every month, we’ll be focusing on a different holiday or celebration, and we’re kicking everything off this month with a party focused entirely on the day of love: Valentine’s Day!
Here are all of the details for how YOU can participate (and get entered to win some amazing American Crafts goodies in the process!):
What: A Pinterest Party to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
When: THIS Sunday, January 26 at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. Central/ 7 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. PST
How you can participate:
- Round up YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day projects and recipes. Anything goes: crafts, decor, classroom valentine ideas, sweet treats, and more!
- Comment on this post and leave a link to YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or recipe.
- Tweet YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or link using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations
- On Sunday, January 26, tune in at the appointed time and watch as we build a board full of amazing ideas – including yours!
- Be sure to follow along during the party to repin and comment on the board’s posts using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations.
One lucky party participant will walk away with $200 in DIY party products from American Crafts!
We are so excited to PIN and SHARE all of your amazing projects!
We can’t wait to see y’all there!