Wreaths are some of my favorite DIY home decor projects, since the majority of wreaths are so simple to make, yet they make such a huge statement! I like to create a new wreath with each season, and today I’m sharing the new elegant autumn wreath that I made for my front door. This is a fall wreath that strays from the traditional autumn color palette, instead using muted natural tones with a pop of vibrant color from a peacock feather spray, and tons of gorgeous texture from a variety of lovely elements. I can’t wait to display this beauty in my home all season long! Let me fill you in on how I put it together.
For this project, you will need…
- Straw wreath form
- Cork ribbon (mine was purchased at Michaels)
- Hot glue
- Artificial wheat sprigs
- Wired striped ribbon (mine was purchased at Hobby Lobby)
- Floral wire
- Crocheted doily
- Artificial gourds
- Peacock feather spray
- Wrap the cork ribbon around the wreath form, adhering with hot glue.
- Arrange the wheat sprigs along the left side of the wreath, orienting some of the sprigs up and some down. Adhere to the wreath with hot glue.
- Affix the feather spray on top of the top grouping of wheat with hot glue.
- Form the wired ribbon into a bow; secure center with floral wire. Affix the bow to the wreath with hot glue at the point where the two groupings of wheat sprays meet.
- Using hot glue, secure the doily to the center of the bow, and adhere the gourds at the center of the piece.
Your elegant autumn wreath is complete!
The layering of different textures really makes this wreath a knock-out. No one will ever believe how easy it is to make!
Using artificial wheat grass instead of natural makes this a wreath that will stand the test of time, and it is so much tidier to work with.
On the hunt for even more fall decor ideas? Check out these other projects!
Thanks so much for stopping in!