Each year, I love to create a new holiday wreath to hang in my home throughout the season, and this year’s wreath might very well be one of my all-time favorites! Bright, whimsical and fun, this DIY Christmas ornament wreath can be made in just a matter of minutes, and with just a handful of supplies. Let me give you the full scoop for how to make a fun ornament wreath of your own.
For this project, you will need…
- Wired white flocked wreath
- Wired ribbon
- Wired ornaments
- Floral wire
- Decorative picks or sprays (my feather sprays used here came from Michaels)
- Weave a strand of ribbon in and out of the branches of the wreath, working all the way around the wreath, and tucking between the branches to secure.
- Distribute the ornaments around the perimeter of the wreath, and twist the wired end to secure.
- Use floral wire to affix the decorative picks or sprays to the left side of the wreath.
- Create 3-4 ribbon bows, and affix over the sprays with floral wire, as shown.
Your Christmas ornament wreath is complete!
I love that this is a project that can be given an entirely different look simply by combining different colors, sprays, etc. There is so much room to personalize the look to suit your tastes!
This would be a really fun project to create with a group of friends for a holiday craft night. Just grab an assortment of ribbon and ornaments and make them in assembly line fashion for an easy project everyone will love!
I just love the sparkle of the ornaments and feather sprays here…
…but my favorite aspect has to be the cluster of red and white striped bows. They remind me of ribbon candy! 🙂
I’ve teamed up today with some of my favorite blogging friends to share a collection of Christmas wreaths that you are sure to love! Be sure to stop by to pay a visit to these other talented ladies. Their wreaths are absolutely gorgeous!
Below you will find the links to each of the brand new 2014 Christmas Wreaths. To appreciate all the lovely details of each wreath, click on each of the links.
Thanks so much for stopping in today! If you’re looking for even more holiday wreath inspiration, don’t stop here! Check out these other fun projects from the PS archives.