With the advent of spring, entertaining season is about to hit full stride. This year, arm yourself with a new dessert recipe that is sure to be a hit at any cookout or pot luck: decadent brownie trifle! This dessert recipe features layers of brownies, rich chocolate pudding and sweet whipped cream, all sprinkled with toffee bits for good measure. Sprinkled with fresh berries, this recipe is a knock-out, and no one will ever guess how incredibly easy it is to make!
Decadent Brownie Trifle
- 1 pan prepared brownies crumbled (I share a link to my favorite brownie recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3.9-ounce packages chocolate instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package toffee bits sold in the baking aisle
- Drizzle the Kahlua over the crumbled brownies. Set aside.
- Beat the whipped cream, granulated sugar and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding and the milk. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth.
- In a trifle bowl or other large bowl, spread a layer of 1/3 of the crumbled brownies. Sprinkle layer generously with 2-3 tablespoons toffee bits. Spread with 1/3 of the pudding and then 1/3 of the whipped cream. Repeat these layers twice more, sprinkling the top generously with toffee bits. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
I love topping everything off with fresh raspberries for a bright pop of flavor. Strawberries and blueberries are delicious, too!
For a terrific brownie recipe to use in this trifle, be sure to check out my all-time favorite fudge brownie recipe.
And if you’re clamoring for even more delicious chocolate dessert inspiration, don’t miss these other delicious ideas!
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free!)
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.