This time of year, I am always on the lookout for special, delicious recipes suitable for gift-giving. Today’s recipe for cranberry-pumpkin bread is one of those! The tender, moist crumb of this quick bread is infused with pumpkin flavor and studded with cranberries and pecans, making it not only delicious, but also pretty to slice and serve. I love to serve this as an on-the-go breakfast for my family, but it is also nice for sit-down brunches and other gatherings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and next four ingredients.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter at medium-high speed until fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until full incorporated. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until blended. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add the buttermilk and dry ingredients in 2 additions each, alternating between the wet and dry ingredients, ending with the dry ingredients. Stir until full incorporated. Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9 1/4x5 1/4x3-inch loaf pan, spreading even with a spatula. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Place pan in the oven and bke until tester inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 1 hour. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto the rack to cool completely.
Wrapped well, this bread freezes beautifully for up to 6 months. Adapted from Bon Appetit
The flavors of this bread are absolutely perfect for fall…
…and I love how the orange and red color palette pairs perfectly with the season, too!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.