Looking for a way to spruce up your home decor with the changing seasons? This easy DIY burlap flower wreath is so fun to make, and it can be customized with accents for any holiday or season: fall, Christmas, spring, and more. Burlap wreaths are some of my very favorite craft projects to make, and when decorated with beautiful wood flowers and bright ribbon, this wreath really is a showstopper. I’m filling you in on all of the details for how this project comes together, so let’s get started!
DIY Burlap Flower Wreath Supplies
- Metal wreath form*
- Burlap ribbon (amount needed will vary depending upon the size of the wreath, but my 18-inch wreath required approximately 30 yards)
- Floral accents (I found my pretty wood flowers at Michaels)
- Hot glue
- Use the detailed instructions in my Burlap Wreath Tutorial to cover the metal wreath form with the burlap ribbon.
- Use scissors to trim away the stem on the floral accents. Affix them along the left-hand side of the wreath with hot glue.
- Create a bow with the ribbon and floral wire, and attach it above the flowers with hot glue.
- Add a spray of dried flowers above the bow using hot glue.
- Arrange ribbon around the remainder of the wreath, tucking it into the folds of the burlap and securing with hot glue as you work.
These gorgeous wood flowers and fabulous striped ribbon from Michaels are two of my latest crafting obsessions! I love the combination of the yellow with the orange contrasting ribbon and the eggplant spray of tiny dried flowers. This is a wreath I will be able to display throughout the fall season.
Be sure to also check out my pretty DIY Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece for another great way to use these same wood flowers and ribbon!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.