Looking for a fast, fresh meal to prepare for your family? These easy chicken and black bean tostadas can be made in minutes, and they are packed with healthy, delicious ingredients. This is the perfect dinner recipe to serve on busy weeknights! Read on for all the details.
- 12 store-bought tostada shells
- 2 (16-ounce) cans refried black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups chopped chicken (see link below for my favorite chopped chicken recipe)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup prepared cole slaw (see link below for my favorite cole slaw recipe)
- Assorted toppings: shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, green onion, lime wedges, salsa, etc.
- In a large saute pan, stir together the refried beans and the 1/2 cup salsa. Stir in the chicken, and turn on heat to medium. Cook until heated through, stirring often, for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the tostada shells onto a baking sheet, and bake for 5-10 minutes, until crispy.
- Divide the chicken and bean mixture evenly among the tostada shells, and top each with a layer of shredded lettuce, and then top with a small amount of the cole slaw. Finish with any combination of the remaining suggested toppings. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a knock-out when prepared with my favorite chopped chicken recipe!
My all-time favorite cole slaw recipe is just the ticket for adding a cool, unexpected crunch to this dish!
Looking for even more weeknight dinner inspiration? Check out these other yummy recipes!
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.