My best busy weeknight dinner tip? Use pre-prepped ingredients to make supper preparation a snap! My Easy Southwestern Steak Salad uses steak you can reserve from weekend grilling and just a few other simple ingredients. This entire recipe can be made from start to finish in less than half an hour!
- 16 ounces grilled sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- Corn salsa (see recipe linked below)
- Ranch dressing
- 6 tortilla bowls (see note for how to make your own below)
- Divide the lettuce evenly among the tortilla bowls, and then divide the steak evenly among the bowls. Top the steak in each bowl with a generous serving of corn salsa, and finish with a drizzle of ranch dressing.
- Use reserved steak grilled on the weekend to make this recipe as easy as can be.
To make my tortilla bowls, I use burrito-sized tortillas, and tortilla makers similar to these. So easy, and healthy, too!
On the lookout for even more great weeknight dinner ideas? Check out this round-up of 25 terrific options.
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.