Looking for a delicious peach recipe to showcase summer peaches at their best? My fresh peaches and cream cake is a recipe you won’t want to miss! This cake features a moist crumb brimming with chopped fresh peaches and a ribbon of tangy cream cheese filling, all topped off with a peach-cream cheese glaze that is so good, you’ll want to eat it straight from the bowl! Read on to grab this indulgent peach cake recipe, which is sure to become one of your new summer favorites!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely diced fresh peaches
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Slowly add the granulated sugar, beating until smooth. Add the egg, mixing well. Add the flour, vanilla and salt, and beat to combine. Set filling aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating just until incorporated after each addition, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Pour half of the prepared batter into the bottom of the pan. Use a spoon to dollop all of the filling evenly over the batter, spreading the filling into a layer than doesn't quite touch the sides of the pan. Pour the remaining batter over the filling layer, spreading the top smooth with a rubber spatula. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the cake layer comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting onto the rack to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Add the vanilla and almond extract, and beat well. Beat in the diced peaches. If the frosting is too thin at this point, beat in a bit of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved. Drizzle frosting over cooled cake, and garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.
The tender crumb of this Peaches and Cream Cake is very similar to my favorite pound cake, and the diced peaches in the batter give each bite a touch of tangy brightness. The cream cheese filling is a sweet surprise when you dive in.
For me, the star of this show is the decadent peach-cream cheese frosting. The little bit of fresh peaches and their juice gives the frosting summery brightness that I’ve never found in any other recipe.
My 7-year-old daughter calls this cake “Peach Dream Cake,” and once you take a bite, I think you’ll see why. 🙂
Looking for even more delicious sweet treat ideas?
Check out all of my dessert recipes here, or scroll down to see some of my favorites!
Thanks for making Positively Splendid a part of your day!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.