Looking for some frightfully fun and unique ways to throw a fantastic Halloween party for your kids? Today, I’m sharing some great ideas that are not only sure to delight kids of all ages, but are also as easy and can be to put together with the help of delicious seasonal favorites from Hershey’s. With a ghoulish graveyard cake, salty-sweet cyclops poppers and squirmy candy spiders, your party is sure to be a Halloween hit!
Did you know that 34% of Americans attend or throw Halloween parties? Halloween is the perfect time to come together for some spooky fun with friends and neighbors, and having a party spread with a wow factor is made easy with the help of Hershey’s treats that transform any Halloween party from normal to paranormal. The main event for this Halloween party spread is a graveyard cake complete with yummy Hershey’s milk chocolate and cookies and cream tombstones.
This cake couldn’t be easier to make! Here’s how:
- Start by baking a boxed chocolate cake mix in (2) 9-inch pans according to the package instructions.
- When the cake layers have completely cooled, layer and frost them with chocolate frosting as you would a traditional two-layer cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate jimmies on top of the cake, and then decorate with the tombstone candies. Add even more pizzazz by incorporating pre-made paper Halloween dessert toppers and spooky edible googly eyes.
- To finish, create a fence around the outside perimeter of the cake with Halloween Kit Kat Halloween bars topped with Mini Rolos.
Guests are sure to love the salty sweetness of the next treat in this Halloween party spread: cyclops poppers! Made with just 3 simple ingredients, these take just a few minutes of total prep. Here’s how it’s done:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange mini pretzels in rows on the parchment.
- Top each pretzel with a Rolo candy.
- Place in an oven preheated to 350 for 3 minutes, until candies are softened but not completely melted.
- Remove from oven and carefully press an edible googly eye into the center of each Rolo.
For a creative, crafty party favor for guests to take with them as they head home, Cadbury Scream Egg spiders are just the ticket! Three supplies is all it takes to create these little guys. Here’s how it’s done:
- Cut (3) 6×6″ sections of black tulle and stack them together. Gather (4) 12″ black chenille stems (pipe cleaners), and use scissors to cut each stem in half.
- Place a Cadbury Scream Egg at the center of the tulle stack, and gather the edges around the egg, twisting at the center. Twist one of the chenille stem halves around the tulle to secure, leaving two long tails to create legs for the spider.
- Continue twisting the additional chenille stem pieces around the tulle in a similar fashion to create 8 spider legs. Use scissors to trim the gathered tulle so that it is even.
Each of these creative elements can be used to create a festive Halloween party display. Round out the table decorations with a variety of Halloween-themed items: paper and/or tinsel garlands, pumpkins, Halloween signs, etc. Delicious seasonal Hershey’s treats served in a glass bowl add a pop of fun color to the table, as well, and guests won’t be able to resist sampling the Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins (my personal favorite!), Kit Kat bars, Cadbury Eggs, Hershey’s Candy Corn bars and more.
Thanks so much for stopping in today! I hope you are inspired to summon a group of your favorite little ghosts and goblins to host a memorable, magical Halloween gathering. To help you make this the best Halloween ever, be sure check out the Hershey’s site for more Halloween party ideas, for more costumes & crafts, and for more Halloween recipes!
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.