May 12, 2010

Bubble Wrap Crocodile Craft

Kids and bubble wrap go together like peas and carrots, so any children’s craft project the utilizes bubble wrap as a central supply is sure to be a hit! These Bubble Wrap Crazy Crocs are a fantastic kids’ craft to do to while away an afternoon. And the end result is too adorable to resist! Read on for all of the details.

Bubble Wrap Crocodiles! This is one of the most adorable kids' crafts ever!

For this project, you will need…

• Sheet of bubble wrap, approximately 12″ x 24″
  • Scotch tape
  • Aluminum floral wire
  • Cardboard
  • Red construction paper
  • Scissors
  • Acrylic paint and foam brushes
  • Cotton balls
  • 1-inch styrofoam or wood balls
  • Black paint pen
  • Craft glue
  • Foam adhesive dots

Directions:

• Roll your sheet of bubble wrap into a tube and secure sides with tape. Tuck your piece of floral wire down through one end.
  • Making sure the wire is tucked well within the bubble wrap, bend wired end up to form a tail.
  • Paint the crocodile body with acrylic paint. If desired, create spots of a different paint color using a cotton ball. Allow paint to dry completely.
  • Cut out 4 cardboard feet, and paint with acrylic paint. Allow to dry completely.
  • From red construction paper, cut out a frill. Fold over the bottom edge. Adhere the frill to the back of the body with craft glue.
  • Paint 2 Styrofoam balls with white acrylic paint and allow to dry. With the black paint pen, draw 2 circles at the center of each ball to create the crocodiles eyes. Adhere eyes to the body with foam dots.

All finished!

Sanity-saving plan-ahead tips for busy parents:

The night before…
…gather all supplies and place in one location.
…cut out the bubble wrap rectangles and the cardboard feet.
…trace the frill shape onto the red construction paper for your child to cut out. Or, for younger children, cut out the frills yourself for easy assembly.
…consider painting the white balls to eliminate the need to let them dry the day of the craft.

40 Responses to Bubble Wrap Crocodile Craft

1. Cielo Azul Jewelry May 12, 2010 at 4:35 pm #

OMGoodness, these are great!!! My kids are going to love this=0)

xoxo,
    Carol

2. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} May 12, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

How cute and fun! At first glance I could have sworn that was corn on the cob. :)

3. Kelli @ RTSM May 12, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

Those are seriously adorable! Thanks for sharing!

4. Jenglamgirl May 12, 2010 at 4:56 pm #

Hey AMY~ these are to stinken adorable. I totally featuring these on my craft blog this Friday for Feature Friday! My kids love bubble wrap just by it self but these to cute, and fun. Thanks for sharing. P.S. thanks for following me to sweetness. Jenn

5. L ~DIY Diva~ May 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm #

very cute and a great way to recycle bubble wrap.

check out my DIY fashion when you get a chance http://www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

6. Molly @ The Creative Maven May 12, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

Those are way cute! My two year old I just starting to appreciate crafts… and I think I’ve got some bubble wrap to burn :)

7. Jill and Michelle May 12, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

What a great idea! I’ve got a whole bag full of bubble wrap I’ve been keeping to do something with….

Jill

8. Stef May 12, 2010 at 11:31 pm #

Oh my goodness! These are awesome. So much fun – my girls are going to LOVE this. Now I’ve got to get my hands on some bubble wrap!!!

9. The Cottage Mama May 13, 2010 at 12:41 am #

Cute, Cute, Cute – I love it! Just presented you with a blogger award – here you go:

Have a great night,
    Lindsay

10. ificould May 13, 2010 at 3:48 am #

very cute! My boys would love to make these.

11. anne maskell May 13, 2010 at 4:02 am #

they are hilarious!I want one!

12. The Pratts May 13, 2010 at 4:08 am #

Cute crocs! You’re more than welcome to put my attempt at your silhouettes on your blog! I’ll keep checking back for more good ideas!

13. Holly May 13, 2010 at 4:26 am #

Seriosuly, so cute…my kids would love these. Adorable and creative!

14. michelle@somedaycrafts May 13, 2010 at 6:32 am #

That is such a cool idea! I’ve never thought about what you can make with that except for popping them. Next time we get some, my kids and I are going to make something cool (like your idea!)

15. Jenglamgirl May 14, 2010 at 2:04 am #

You have been featured over at Craftomaniac.blogspot.com ;) JENN
    hope that is ok!

16. Erin May 15, 2010 at 10:07 pm #

These are adorable!!!

17. Fawnda May 16, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

I just wanted to let you know that I featured you here:

This is adorable! :)

18. Wonder Mom May 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm #

I do believe we are going to have less bubble wrap in our house now…

19. Katie May 17, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

Very cute, and love the sanity saving ideas!

20. Jen May 18, 2010 at 7:30 pm #

Oh those little guys made me smile! What a fun way to recycle bubble wrap. I came over from Delicious Ambiguity. Your blog looks awesome. I’ll have to follow and join your blog frog.

Nice to “meet” you, Amy!

Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

21. Cook Clean Craft May 19, 2010 at 2:50 am #

That is adorable. I’m going to have to file this away from when my son is a bit older. Thanks!

22. Rachel@oneprettything.com May 25, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

This is one of the most creative kids crafts I’ve ever seen. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing, I’ll be linking.

23. sippy cup mom May 26, 2010 at 2:03 am #

This is perfect…my almost 3 year old is having an alligator party…that’s what she wants! How fantastic will this craft be. Super cool, thanks! Karen
    Sippy Cup Central

24. Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity May 29, 2010 at 9:44 am #

Thanks for linking up to Tot Tuesdays! I featured you last Tuesday. Feel free to grab my featured button. Have a great week!

25. Kathryn May 31, 2010 at 3:00 pm #

Very clever!

26. Anonymous June 2, 2010 at 11:22 pm #

Sie brauchen ein [url=http://www.kredit-magazin.com]Kredit[/url]? Wir helfen Ihnen!

27. Anonymous June 3, 2010 at 12:42 am #

28. creativejewishmom/Sara June 5, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

wonderful! I used your project to start off my crafty linking party last sunday but at the time couldn’t leave a comment because of some unknown technical problem, so I’m stopping by again to let you know (hope it’s okay!) and I’d love it if you’d drop by my party this week and share one of your great projects! hope to see you there, all the best!

29. Mandy [Mandipidy] January 3, 2011 at 7:50 pm #

This is such an adorable idea!! Love it :]

30. Allie February 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Uh…these are hilarious! Awesome job! Love love love them. Bubble wrap is genius. So glad I found your blog ;)

31. Amanda May 30, 2012 at 10:53 am #

What a fantastic project. What’s the original book called so I can check out all the other great crafts! Thanks

32. Sadia Malik January 23, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

your idea is great but we can also use corn. if anyone is not having bubble sheet they can can have empty corns. what do u say??

33. Heather - Chickabug July 18, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

So neat! I wouldn’t have guessed that is bubble wrap just from the pictures. I can’t wait to try these. Thanks for sharing! : )

34. addison brown September 2, 2013 at 9:34 am #

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

CUTE

1. The ABC's of Crafting on a Budget - Letters P-T - Housing a ForestHousing a Forest - January 10, 2013

[…] There are so many great thing to do with bubble wrap.  I love these simple Bubble Wrap Crocodiles. […]

2. Magnetic Fishing Game Craft | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor} - April 21, 2013

[…] Bubble Wrap Crocodiles  Necktie Key Rings Happy Friday, everyone! […]

3. 5 Kid-Friendly Activities | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor} - July 11, 2013

[…] Bubble Wrap Crocodiles […]

4. 7 cool crafts for kids | creative gift ideas & news at catching fireflies - July 28, 2013

[…] to make with just a few basic supplies that you probably already have around the house.  Click here to find the instructions on the Positively Splendid […]

5. 7 cool crafts for kids | creative gift ideas & news at catching fireflies - July 28, 2013

6. Baloncuklu timsah :) | Kendin Yap Blogu - November 21, 2013

[…] böyle oyuncak timsahlar yaptırabilir, güzel vakit geçirmesini sağlayabilirsiniz :) Burada yapımı […]