I apologize that it’s been so quiet around here so far this week. There is a sad little boy who had a very nasty encounter this weekend with the angry inner workings of a toy that I had naively assumed was perfectly safe, to the tune of requiring a trip to the emergency room.
I am currently in the process of filing an official report of this incident to the toy’s manufacturer, and I will say that so far, I have been very impressed with the company’s promptness in getting back to me to rectify this situation. I’ll be sure to let you know exactly where things go in that regard. Until then, take inventory of your toys, and if you happen to have a set of these Jumbo Magneatos, be aware that the outer shell of the round joining balls can pop open like a plastic Easter egg, exposing a razor-sharp set of two hollow metal spheres that can literally fillet a child’s foot in a matter of seconds. I do not mean to be an alarmist by any means, but I honestly cannot adequately convey how shocked and mortified I was when I discovered it was a toy that did this to my son!
Nine stitches in the bottom of a little foot makes it awfully hard for a little guy to get around, so I am on full mama duty for the next couple of days. I’ll try hard to pop in when I can, but I hope you’ll understand the hiccup in our regularly scheduled programming!