July 5, 2010

Blueberry Muffins with an Almond Kick

I hope everyone had a fabulous Independence Day! It really does seem that the 4th of July, more than any other holiday, epitomizes summer in full swing, don’t you think?

If you’re in the mood for a tasty breakfast to prepare to extend the festive mood of the weekend into the rest of the week, look no further. This blueberry muffin recipe is the best I’ve ever had, and I love to prepare it during the summer months, when the fresh berries are at their peak. Not only are these muffins absolutely delectable with their addicting juxtaposition of tartness from the berries layered over a cozy almond backdrop, they are also a snap to prepare, allowing you to relegate the majority of the heavy lifting for this one to your food processor. This store well in the refrigerator, so by making a batch today, you could easily have breakfast wrapped up for the rest of the week!

Blueberry Muffins with an Almond Kick

2 eggs
1 cup fresh blueberries

Enjoy!

Hoosier Homemade
It’s a Blog Party!
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to Positively Splendid
to receive updates, and join us on Facebook and Twitter!

Subscribe in a Reader Receive Email Updates Follow on TwitterJoin us on Facebook

14 Responses to Blueberry Muffins with an Almond Kick

1. Heather July 5, 2010 at 7:24 pm #

These look really yummy and considering I just bought 5 pounds of fresh blueberries I might just have to try them. I bet the almond twist makes all the difference.

My 7 year old daughter loves almond extract. She uses it as her secret weapon when making cakes and cookies.

2. Brenda July 5, 2010 at 9:02 pm #

I can say from experience, these are the most amazing muffins EVER!!! They are so tasty, I have to make them by double and quadruple batches because they go so quickly.

Another Amy Bell amazing recipe!

3. Stef July 6, 2010 at 4:32 am #

Oh, Amy, these sound SO good. I love almond flavoring. I’ve got to run to the store for almond paste. Just found the freezer paper this weekend at the grocery store – it was sitting on the shelf above all the jam stuff – how about that?!! But, these muffins look delicious and I need to make them NOW. Love your recipes!!

4. Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue July 6, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

These look positively splendid! I love blueberry muffins.

5. HoosierHomemade July 6, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

Yum! I was just thinking this morning about making some Blueberry Muffins. I’ve never used Almond paste before, extract, but not paste. Sounds great!
    Remember…you can link up to Cupcake Tuesday on HoosierHomemade and Delicious Dishes over at Blog Party!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    ~Liz

6. Alison July 6, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

You got me at “Cozy almond backdrop”! O my dear, you have some great descriptions for your recipes!!

7. Holly July 6, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

That is certainly a kick of almond…YUMMY! My entire family loves almonds…what a great way to add some life to blueberry muffins.

8. Ott, A. July 6, 2010 at 10:24 pm #

What a great idea, especially this time of year when blueberries are in season. On another note, I just threw a surprise 30th b-day party for my husband, so you’ll have to stop by and check out all the details of it. http://alattewithotta.blogspot.com/2010/07/ott-es-30th-birthday-party.html

9. Amy July 7, 2010 at 2:29 am #

Wow – I love anything with almond in it! I’m definitely going to try these!

10. Domestic Nerd July 7, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

These look wonderful!

I just gave you a Blog with Substance award http://adomesticnerd.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-with-substance-award.html

11. HoosierHomemade July 13, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

Thanks for taking a minute to link up to Cupcake Tuesday and Blog Party!
    ~Liz

12. Firefly@fireflyblog.org July 13, 2010 at 11:14 pm #

That looks so good :) Love blueberries!

13. Its A Blog Party July 19, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

These look amazing!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

1. Cherry-Almond Coffee Cake | Positively Splendid {Crafts, Sewing, Recipes and Home Decor} - April 21, 2013

[...] for almond paste a couple of years ago. And for another recipe using almond paste, check out my Blueberry-Almond Muffins, which I would argue are the best blueberry muffins you’ll ever make! Cherry-Almond Coffee [...]