May 26, 2011

Family Summer Bucket List (SSG Idea #20)

Positively Splendid

Who can believe it’s the final day of the Summer Survival Guide? May zipped on by right before my very eyes!

Today’s guest is honestly one of the loveliest, most genuine and thoughtful women I have encountered in the blogging world, and she never ceases to impress with the caliber of her inspirational projects. I am delighted to have Jen from Tatertots and Jello finish up the series with this adorable idea to keep the fun going with your family all summer long!

***

Hi there! I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello and I am SO excited to be here today. Amy is one of my very favorite people in the world!!

jennifer i heart faces profile

Today I would love to share a little Summertime project with you –
Our Family Summer Bucket List!!
family summer bucket list

A few months ago I spied this $1 vintage lunchbox at my local thrift store.
It was beat up, but had so much character. I didn’t know what I would do with it, but I knew I needed to buy it.

vintage thrift store lunchbox

Fast forward a couple of months, my kids are on the verge of Summer Vacation. I am so excited to have them home and do some fun things.

Last Summer it seemed like there were Summer lists all over the place. I loved that idea and thought it would be fun to do something like that and incorporate my sweet lunchbox.

Summer Bucket List
the bucket list cards
My husband helped me make up a cute printable for this project. I made a little sign for the front of the lunchbox. And then a smaller version for the summer activities. Our family came up with about 50 ideas that would be fun to do in the Summer. I love all of the bright colors!!

wipeable markers

use year after year

I also made up a blank sheet that you can print off and write or type your own ideas. I took all of the sheets down to my local Kinkos and laminated them. That way we can use them over again every year. And, I laminated the blank sheet and we can use it with white board markers each year too. It just wipes off when we are done with that activity.

summer bucket list treats

I spray painted the lunch box a happy color. And then I took an Ikea glass bottle and filled it up with colorful candies and put another of the main labels on it. That way my kids can take turns picking an activity. And when it is their turn they get a little treat too.

summer bucket list outside

Another idea you could do with the printables is attach them to a magnet board and take the ones down after you are done with them.

bucket list outside

We are really excited for Summer to start so we can start doing the things on our Summer Bucket List.
I think it’s going to be so fun!!!
Thanks for letting me stop by!!!
xoxo

Here are the files to download:
Activity Cards:

Summer Bucket List Labels-samples-tatertotsandjello

Label:
Summer Bucket List Label-tatertotsandjello
Blank Activity Cards:
Summer Bucket List Labels- Blank-tatertotsandjello

Oh my word! How generous is that for Jen to share all of those printables? I cannot wait to put one of these together for my own family! Thank you so much, Jen!

I hope y’all have enjoyed this series, and that you’ve taken away an abundance of ideas to make this summer truly special. I plan to share a post tomorrow spotlighting all of the ideas that were shared to make it super easy to bookmark the projects you want to try, so be sure to stop back in!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading!

Latest posts by Amy @ Positively Splendid (see all)

27 Responses to Family Summer Bucket List (SSG Idea #20)

1. Kelli @ RTSM May 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

That is such an adorable idea! Makes me want to go thrifting right now! I love all the fun colors and the little treats too:) Thanks so much for hosting such a fun event Amy!

2. Jennifer May 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

I LOVE this!! So bright and colorful and PERFECT for summer!! Thank you for sharing the documents!

3. Doreen May 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm #

What a colorful, fun and useful project!

4. JENNY K. May 26, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

What a fantastic summer idea. I love that none of them cost a lot of money so everyone can do this.

5. Amanda @ Serenity Now May 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

I’m pretty much in love with this, Jen an Amy! What a fun, colorful, thrifty idea. :) Fabulous post!

6. Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com May 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

Thanks for letting me be part of such a fun series Amy. I have loved seeing everyone’s ideas. I am so excited for Summer to start!!!

xoxoxo
    Jen

7. Jen-CraftOManiac May 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

DARLING IDEA. Cute painted Bucket/Lunch pail. Love it all. XO JEN

8. All Things Beautiful May 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

I like it. Looks like you will be having plenty good family fun.

9. Brittany@Love Stitched May 26, 2011 at 6:25 pm #

such a fun idea!! I hate hearing my kids say “what can we do” I am for sure going to make something like this for them! thanks for sharing Jen!

10. ellie g May 26, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

So cute, Jen! I love it. And I love the whiteboard marker idea. (even though I have to breathe deeply to have fonts/handwriting that doesn’t match….geez…I’m weird) And it’s quite obvious that I need to go to whatever “thrift” store you’re hitting. Because if it’s the one I think it is….what the heck? I never find anything fun there! Great series, Amy!

11. Lori (THCEO) May 26, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

What a FABULOUS idea! I just love it and I am so thankful you shared your files so I don’t have to start from scratch! Can’t wait to get started on our list…today was the last day of school for my preschooler! :)

12. Finding Charm May 27, 2011 at 12:59 am #

What a handy idea! Especially for those – “I’m bored!” days.

13. amyswandering May 28, 2011 at 2:30 am #

So cute! I love seeing thrift store finds. I linked to it as part of my Summer Fun Days series :-)

14. The Tate Fam May 28, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

This is a great idea to keep the summer fun and not get sucked into doing the same things everyday! Thanks for sharing!

15. Lisa May 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

Thank you for the printables, they’re awesome!

16. Ashley June 1, 2011 at 4:17 am #

Great idea. Thanks for the printables! This is awesome!

17. Lesley June 2, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

Super cute!!! I shared the link to this post on my blog

Thanks for doing the printables!!!

18. Beth June 5, 2011 at 9:35 am #

School is out in four days…and I’ll be doing this with my grandchildren! Thank you!

19. Becca Swan June 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

What a great idea! We will definitely be using it. In fact, I liked it so much I shared a link to this post on my blog, http://sweetswansongs.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-bucket-list.html
    I hope that’s okay!

20. Kristen June 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

This is precious! I remember sleeping in tents in the back yard during the summer and making homemade ice cream! I’m feeling all nostalgic over here! =) I’d love to know how to make my own sidewalk chalk! Is there a link!? Thanks so much for this post and the printables. Fantastic idea!!

21. Vixen July 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

This is a fabulous idea! Kids would love it!! Thanks for sharing, I linked this up on my blog today: http://vixenmade.blogspot.com/2011/07/summertime-fun.html

22. MommaHen July 20, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

What a great idea! Btw- love your daughters glasses! (haha- I have the same pair!)

1. Friday Favorites | My Beautiful Mess Friday Favorites | Perfection is overrated. - January 9, 2013

[...] Speaking of summer lists, Jen from Tatertots and Jello guest posted on Positively Splendid this week with her idea for a Summer Bucket List. [...]

2. 15+ Summer Activities for Kids | I Heart Nap Time - How to Crafts, Tutorials, DIY, Homemaker - January 16, 2013

[...] Summer Bucket List [...]

3. Summer Fun Activities - February 9, 2013

[...] Summer Fun Chart & Photo Journal Summer Fun Chart Family Summer Bucket List from Positively Splendid   Jar of Fun from the Daily Digi Summer List Idea from Ohdeeoh Summer Fun Container [...]

4. Summer Bucket List - Passionate Penny Pincher - May 1, 2013

[...] the clever bucket list idea, Delia Creates. . . I loved it! See more great Summer Bucket List ideas HERE, HERE & HERE. I’d love for you to join me over on Pinterest to see more crafty ideas, and [...]

5. Summer time is here, let the fun begin! I Heart Nap Time | I Heart Nap Time - Easy recipes, DIY crafts, Homemaking - August 9, 2013

[…] Family Summer Bucket List Project […]