December 15, 2011
Pine Cone Place Card Ornaments
For this project, you will need…
Name tags (I made mine using my technique for turning coke cans into hammered metal tags)
Spray paint primer
Metallic silver spray paint
Small baubles: ornaments, bells, etc.
step 1 / Spray your pine cone with primer and allow it to dry completely before spraying with your silver paint. When your paint is dry, gather your supplies to assemble your ornament.
step 2 / Cut an 18-inch length of ribbon, and tie a knot at the center. Slip your tag over one of the tails and slide it to the center of the ribbon so it touches the center knot. Slip an ornament and/or bell over the same tail, and then add another bauble to the other side, as well. Tie your ribbon in a nice bow. Pretty!
step 3 / Tie another length of narrow ribbon to the top of your pine cone, forming a loop for hanging your ornament, as shown. Use a dab of hot glue to adhere your assembled bow embellishment to the top of your pine cone.
These are so simple to put together, but they make such a statement, don’t you think?
Thanks so much for making me a part of your day!
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- HP Pavilion x360 and HP ENVY 5530 Giveaway!! #HPFamilyTime June 23, 2014
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- DIY Fabric Phone Charging Station June 4, 2014
- 20 Fun, Free Road Trip Printables #HPFamilyTime June 7, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- How to Make Barefoot Sandals (Kids’ Craft Idea) July 21, 2014
- DIY Ladder Photo Display #3MDIY July 17, 2014
- Burlap and Cork Monogram Craft #MichaelsMakers July 15, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Decoden Sea Shell Ornaments July 9, 2014
- Michelle: I am so sorry I missed this...will you all be doin...
- Crystal: What a great idea!! I love how easy it is to chang...
- Crystal: I wish I knew how to sew because I would come up t...
- Natasha J: my husband just said today he wanted to disply fam...
- Heather Haugen: I always have a ton of pictures of my kids I want ...