December 15, 2011
Pine Cone Place Card Ornaments
For this project, you will need…
Name tags (I made mine using my technique for turning coke cans into hammered metal tags)
Spray paint primer
Metallic silver spray paint
Small baubles: ornaments, bells, etc.
step 1 / Spray your pine cone with primer and allow it to dry completely before spraying with your silver paint. When your paint is dry, gather your supplies to assemble your ornament.
step 2 / Cut an 18-inch length of ribbon, and tie a knot at the center. Slip your tag over one of the tails and slide it to the center of the ribbon so it touches the center knot. Slip an ornament and/or bell over the same tail, and then add another bauble to the other side, as well. Tie your ribbon in a nice bow. Pretty!
step 3 / Tie another length of narrow ribbon to the top of your pine cone, forming a loop for hanging your ornament, as shown. Use a dab of hot glue to adhere your assembled bow embellishment to the top of your pine cone.
These are so simple to put together, but they make such a statement, don’t you think?
Thanks so much for making me a part of your day!
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Glow-in-the-Dark Patriotic Star Necklaces #TheBigBling June 30, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...