January 16, 2012

Bushel & A Peck Printables

There are certain songs that take me back to my childhood the moment that I hear the very first notes. The printables I am sharing today are an homage to one of these!

I wanted something meaningful to round out the wall decor in George’s sweet nursery, and as I was pondering what theme to use, it only took a moment for this song to come to mind:

Bushel and a Peck (from Guys and Dolls)

I love you
A bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck
And a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck
And a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap
And I’m talkin’ in my sleep
About you

My mom used to sing this song to me when I was small, and it was as I was singing this very tune that George first regaled me with the precious sound of his first giggles. Although I plan to leave this up all year long in his room, it would make a perfect addition to any Valentine’s Day decor, too!

I created two files so that you can choose the color scheme you like. To download, simply click the arrow with the line under it at the bottom right and save. Easy as pie!

I love sharing these printables with you, but please note that they are for personal use only. Thank you!

Enjoy!

, , , ,

14 Responses to Bushel & A Peck Printables

1. HollowSquirrel January 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

This brought a huge smile to my face — thank you for sharing this! I sing this to my boys, too! Love the Dan Zanes version of the song. Thanks again, Amy!!

2. vanpeltium January 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

How fun! This sure brings back memories from my childhood. I think I’ll put this up in my son’s room too! THANKS!!

3. Amanda @ Serenity Now January 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

So sweet. :) I love artwork that has personal meaning!

4. Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday January 17, 2012 at 1:08 am #

These are precious! I sing this song to my baby every day!

5. Kara @ June & Bear January 17, 2012 at 3:51 am #

i love this so so much.

6. Jeni January 17, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

I can hardly wait to put this up – have been singing this ever since C was born! And such a treat now – they can sing it with me. :)

7. Michell @ Girl In Air January 18, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

This is GREAT! Thank you…I want to start singing this to my boy:-)

PS I LOVE your blog design…

8. Kellie January 18, 2012 at 6:38 pm #

I love this printable! My grandma used to sing this to me. Love your site. I am a new follower :) Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us. :)

9. Jennifer January 21, 2012 at 3:35 am #

I’m 52 and my mom sang this to me. I sang to my girls and grand kids. Thanks

10. Jennifer January 21, 2012 at 3:36 am #

I’m 52 and my mom sang this to me. I sang to my girls and grand kids. Thanks

11. Erin @ His and Hers January 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

Adorable! I love anything that has a reference to a musical, because my parents were always involved in shows when I was growing up. Between late nights at rehearsals with them and CDs going through the rotation at home, I managed to learn quite a bit of Broadway. :) Thanks for sharing this!

12. kheaps February 6, 2012 at 5:11 am #

Can you tell me what program you use to make the printables? They are so cute!

13. Katie February 15, 2012 at 6:19 pm #

thank you so much! this is my favorite song to sing to my son! :)

14. Darcy February 17, 2012 at 12:50 am #

Thank you for this! My mom started singing this to my daughter when she was a baby and now I sing it to both of mine.