Today’s Swell Noël Post features a darling handmade ornament idea from Jen of Craft-O-Maniac. Catch up on all of the projects from the series by visiting the photo guide of all of the ideas shared by the talented Swell Noël contributors, and follow along as things happen on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram by using the hashtag #SwellNoel.
Hello there Positively Splendid Fans, Jen here from Craft-O-Maniac and I am just filled with “JOY” to be apart of Amy’s Swell Noel! LOVE IT!
“Today I am sharing some simple DIY Ornaments.”
I used a Martha Stewart stencil, paint, some modpodge, some glitter and some un-finished wood stars I picked up at JoAnn’s. I first started by painting the stars white, and then added some modpodge around the outer star and then dropped a bunch of sparkles all the way around it. I then used my Martha Stewart stencil and stenciled on Merry Christmas. For the other star I painted it white and then used some brown paint that I brushed on around the sides. I brushed on modpodge and then sprinkled over the modpodge some snowy flecked white glitter. To finish the star ornaments I hot glued on some jute string for hanging.
There were super simple and can be personalized with initials or names or nothing at all. They would make great gifts, or perfect additions to your tree.
I sure love to create and I also love meeting new people, I would love to meet some of you. Come and visit me at Craft-O-Maniac, there is much inspiration for me to share with all of you. Plus I love to create a bunch more during the holidays. Here are some other DIY Ornaments I made with my mom.Thank you so much Amy for this SUPER FUN EVENT.HAPPY HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!hugs, jen-COM
December 11, 2012
DIY Star Ornaments (Swell Noël #14)
Love this post? Let's keep in touch!
- How to Take Great Portraits of Your Kids + $50 Cut It Out Frames Giveaway! July 2, 2014
- Fujifilm Instax Share Printer and $50 Sassy Steals Giveaway! July 24, 2014
- How to Sew a Kangaroo Pocket August 11, 2014
- Medallion Necklace Kids’ Craft August 1, 2014
- An Invitation to Sew with Me + 5 Quick & Easy Skirt Tutorials #SkirtingtheIssue July 10, 2014
- Apple Softie Sewing Pattern and Tutorial August 26, 2014
- Homemade Raised Doughnuts August 22, 2014
- Magnetic Chore Chart for Kids August 20, 2014
- Easy No-Sew Fabric Apple Garland August 18, 2014
- DIY Apple Bookends #MichaelsMakers August 15, 2014
- Anne Weaver: Cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for...
- Sarah: B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bright colored bright fabric for...
- Sarah: TO DO ---- TA DA!!! How organized for your 4 kids,...
- Crystal: Love the bookends! So super cute!! Pinned :)...
- Crystal: Love the apple garland. It is super cute and perfe...