When it comes to dessert recipes, it is hard to beat a good bar cookie. Today’s recipe for chocolate-marbled blondies is one of my go-to’s for an easy weeknight dessert, and the rich, caramel-like flavor of these bars will undoubtedly make you want to add these to your regular repertoire, too!
- 2¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2¾ cup flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Place brown sugar and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in one-minute intervals, stirring after each interval, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Allow mixture to cool slightly. Stir in eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir to incorporate. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into greased 9”x13” pan. Using a butter knife, swirl the chocolate chips in your warm batter to create a marbled effect; sprinkle walnuts on top. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until center is set.