February 18, 2013

Leprechaun Pants Treat Bags

These leprechaun pants treat bags are a darling craft idea perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, and they are so easy to sew! Constructed of green felt with a sweet felt shamrock accent, these little bags are equally delightful filled with little treasures or used for whimsical decor.

For this project, you will need…

To begin, cut out your pieces: 2 body pieces from one shade of green felt, 4 strap pieces from the other shade of green felt, and 2 belt pieces from the black felt. If desired, use pinking shears to cut out the pieces for a decorative touch.

For the basic construction process for these bags, you will need to follow my Easter Bunny Pants Treat Bag tutorial.

For my leprechaun pants I followed the bunny pants tutorial through the step for attaching the straps (which I did in this case with hot glue), and then I made a little shamrock accent to go on each one to make everything particularly leprechaun-like!

For the complete how-to for how to make the felt shamrock accent for the bag, be sure to check out my felt shamrock tutorial.

How to make felt shamrocks. A terrific, easy-to-follow tutorial!

When your shamrock is complete, simply affix it to the bag with hot glue. Your leprechaun treat bag is complete!

Aren’t these downright adorable?

I can’t wait to fill them with treats for my kiddos this St. Patrick’s Day.

(As an aside, any other Dr. Suess fans out there might remember the story about the Pale Green Pants. This idea could easily be adapted for a Dr. Suess birthday party. What perfect favor bags they would make!)

They are even cute from the back!

As I mentioned above, this project is a variation on my original Bunny Pants Treat Bags. If you like this project, you should head over to check out that one, too!

Thanks so much for stopping in!

, ,

19 Responses to Leprechaun Pants Treat Bags

1. Allie February 18, 2013 at 8:53 am #

Oh my gosh. So cute. And so funny. I just had to share on my facebook. Your projects never disappoint!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid February 18, 2013 at 1:37 pm #

Aww, Allie! Thanks for the sweet comment and the share!

2. Dee February 18, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Darling project and great tutorial!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid February 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Thank you, Dee!

3. Chelle Chapman February 18, 2013 at 10:17 am #

How stinkin cute are these?!! I LOVE ‘em and plan to make some for my Bunco Babes!!! Amy, you are SO creative & so generous to be sharing that creativity w/ us!! Thank you for the time you take to make your tutes!!! You ARE appreciated!!!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid February 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks so much for your kind comment, Chelle! You made my day. :)

4. Sue February 18, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Very cute.

• Amy @ Positively Splendid February 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks so much, Sue!

5. Kara February 18, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

These are darn cute Amy! I’ve pinned them, and hope I can get around to making them. :)

• Amy @ Positively Splendid February 18, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

Thanks so much, sweet Kara!

6. Shirley February 18, 2013 at 9:32 pm #

These are too cute. My daughter-in-law’s birthday is on St Patrick’s day and I can use these to put her present in. Thanks for sharing.

7. Crystal February 19, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

Super cute!!

8. Bianca @ Track Pants and a Tot February 20, 2013 at 12:26 am #

How cute is this? I think I’ll have to try it out & that’s saying a lot since I’m pretty new to crafting!

• Amy @ Positively Splendid February 22, 2013 at 7:47 am #

You will do great, Bianca! Have fun. :)

9. Stacy February 22, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

Adorable as usual Amy – I don’t know how you do all those little details – maybe I need stronger glasses!!

10. Chelsea March 1, 2013 at 10:05 am #

I absolutely adore these! Thank you for sharing! I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Only those with patterns are invited to link up. Check it out!

11. Christina at I Gotta Create! March 2, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Amy, these are so sweet I had to pin them!

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

1. Tutorial: Leprechaun suspender pants treat bags · Sewing | CraftGossip.com - February 18, 2013

[…] How utterly cute are these leprechaun pants treat bags!  I’m loving those suspenders!  And with a four-leaf clover corsage, they’re all ready for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.  Amy from Positively Splendid shows how to make them.  Go to her blog for the how-to. […]

2. 17 St. Patricks Day Crafts | Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - February 27, 2013