The perfect combination of sweet and tart, this Orange Dreamsicle Pound cake is truly worthy of a special occasion. Served with fresh orange slices for garnish, or topped with a serving of fresh spring berries, this is a cake recipe you will want to make again and again!
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange or lemon juice
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and shortening together at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in 2 teaspoons orange zest, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and ¼ cup fresh orange or lemon juice. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, 4 teaspoons orange juice, vanilla, and remaining 2 teaspoons orange zest and 1 teaspoon lemon zest until smooth. If necessary, add more orange juice, ¼ teaspoon at a time, until the glaze is a pouring consistency. Spoon over cake. Garnish with orange slices and powdered sugar, if desired.
On the lookout for even more delicious recipe inspiration? Don’t miss these other fantastic recipes that are sure to become family favorites!
Click here to see all desserts, and scroll down for some of my personal favorites!
(My most-viewed recipe of all time–seen by 16.5 million people and counting!)