Think bath products are beyond the realm of DIY? Think again! Janel from NellieBellie is here with a luscious DIY bath soak recipe that is sure to get your complexion summer-ready!
Hi guys!! Summer is here and that means it’s time to show legs and arms…eeek!! I’ve brought over a homemade, gentle, and easy to make DIY Bath Soak recipe just in time to help your skin be smooth and soft for summer!!
Okay, I need to clarify a few things about the above picture…
1. The word bubble in the tag is a bit deceptive. I mean, there are bubbles in the bath when you use this awesome bath soak. But, to say it is a bubble bath is a bit overkill. It’s more of a foam. But, the photo was taken before I realized the good, the foam bath used up before a new photo could be taken. I could have made a new batch but…the honey didn’t survive tea time. Alas, the tag stays.
2. Vanilla is the scent I had, you can use whatever you like. I personally prefer lavender and will use fresh lavender in my next batch. mmmm, doesn’t that sound delightful!
3. That white towel is brand new. My towels are only white white like that after getting their bleach treatment. Otherwise, kid’s, dog baths, beach trips, and all sorts of family use leave towels rather a very pretty “off-white”. I feel full disclosure is necessary.
4. The candle is mine. It’s true. I adore them for all things, everywhere, in all uses and in all smells. Someday I will learn how to make my own. I hear it is a simple DIY. hmmmm
I love this bath soak because it uses ingredients I have on hand and it is so gentle. I can mix up a quick batch whenever I feel like a good soak. And, it’s just the right amount of clean, smooth, smell, and feel.
I use light olive oil, natural honey, baby wash ( I prefer using as gentle of wash as possible), and a fragrance. In this case, I was out of fragrance and resorted to vanilla. It made my bath smell delicious. The longer you soak the more the oil is absorbed into your skin and you feel silky soft. sigh.
Directions for DIY Bath Soak (that is kind of bubbly)
1. Mix 3/4 cup light olive oil, 1 cup baby wash, 1/2 cup honey, and fragrance (as desired).
2. Use a funnel to pour into a bottle.
Yes, that truly is it. Pour about 1/2-1 cup into your bath and soak. Read a few magazines and enjoy!
Note: you can adjust the oil and wash to increase the silkiness, bubbles, and more. Get the perfect combo for you!!
After you are rejuvenated from your luxurious soak, be sure to check out Janel’s ingenious tip for making fabric-painting insanely easy!