If you’ve never tried your hand at making homemade salsa, you might be very surprised to see just how easy it is to whip up a batch! Using just a few simple ingredients, my homemade salsa recipe makes a batch of pleasantly spicy, cantina-style salsa that is perfect served with chips, or along with tacos, fajitas and more. This is a summer staple at our house, and a batch can easily be made up in just a matter of minutes!
World’s Best Homemade Salsa
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Meal type||Appetizer, Condiment|
|Occasion||Barbecue, Casual Party|
- 28oz canned whole tomatoes ((can substitute an equal amount of peeled fresh tomatoes, if desired))
- 4 serrano peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 3 limes (juiced)
- 1/2 Medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 Medium clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
|Place tomatoes, peppers, lime juice, onion, garlic and salt in a blender. Pulse well to combine, blending until desired consistency is achieved. Chill 3 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.|
Hint: To make a spicier salsa, leave more seeds in the peppers as you clean them.
Are you a spicy food fan?
Thanks so much for stopping in!