Do you ever stumble upon a dessert recipe so incredibly delicious, you find yourself wanting to bake another batch the moment the last morsel of the batch before has disappeared? Today’s recipe, my friends, is one of those. Imagine a dessert that combines the sweet crunch of a shortbread cookie with the tangy goodness of cheesecake, all topped off with a decadent pecan pie layer. Captivated yet? If so, read on for the full recipe for Pecan Cheesecake Squares.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For the shortbread layer: In a medium bowl, combine flour and ¾ cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in ½ cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 9x13" baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven, and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake layer: Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar. Add milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, and beat until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled shortbread layer. Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- For the pecan pie layer: In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ¾ cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Gently stir in the eggs, salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in 1½ cups pecans. Pour pecan mixture over cooled cheesecake layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is set and pecan pie layer is a rich brown color.
On the lookout for even more delicious recipe inspiration? Don’t miss these other fantastic recipes that are sure to become family favorites!
Click here to see all desserts, and scroll down for some of my personal favorites!