Planning ahead for a special dinner this weekend with your sweetheart? Nothing says romance like a decadent dessert for two! I’ve paired my favorite fudge brownie recipe with rich chocolate ganache and ruby-red raspberries. All together, these ingredients are a knock-out dessert idea that is sure to impress!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Place unsweetened chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring after each 30-second interval, until chocolate is melted. Stir in the granulated and brown sugar. Allow mixture to cool slightly before stirring in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, vanilla and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is set, but a wooden pick inserted in the center still comes out with a few crumbs. Place pan to cool on wire rack.
- While brownies are cooling, place chopped semisweet chocolate and cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for approximately 90 seconds, just until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in butter. Cool mixture for 30 minutes before beating with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes. Spread prepared ganache over warm brownies.
- Place a cut square of the ganache-topped brownie in a bowl. Surround with two dollops of vanilla ice cream, and top with fresh raspberries.
Now, set out two forks, and share with someone special!
Craving some other swoon-worthy chocolate dessert ideas? Check out these from the PS archives…
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free!)