Planning ahead for a special dinner this weekend with your sweetheart? Nothing says romance like a decadent dessert for two! I’ve paired my favorite fudge brownie recipe with rich chocolate ganache and ruby-red raspberries. All together, these ingredients are a knock-out dessert idea that is sure to impress!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Place unsweetened chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring after each 30-second interval, until chocolate is melted. Stir in the granulated and brown sugar. Allow mixture to cool slightly before stirring in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, vanilla and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is set, but a wooden pick inserted in the center still comes out with a few crumbs. Place pan to cool on wire rack.
- While brownies are cooling, place chopped semisweet chocolate and cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for approximately 90 seconds, just until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in butter. Cool mixture for 30 minutes before beating with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes. Spread prepared ganache over warm brownies.
- Place a cut square of the ganache-topped brownie in a bowl. Surround with two dollops of vanilla ice cream, and top with fresh raspberries.
Now, set out two forks, and share with someone special!
Craving some other swoon-worthy chocolate dessert ideas? Check out these from the PS archives…
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free!)
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create something beautiful, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential.